2.

-
[Nick's pov.]

After practice, I headed to the police station. My papa was a detective. My mom was a school's guidance counselor, and my dad is a school teacher.

Did it suck having two of your parents at school? Nah, not really. I wasn't embarrassed of them.

I actually join my parents for lunch all the time. It was nice , I could tell them about my morning and they would tell me about theirs.

A lot of people make fun of me because I hang out with my parents. Why would people be embarrassed of their parents?

Anyway, I made it to the police station and I walked inside. I greeted a few officers before I walked into my papa's office.

He was looking at some files, I dropped my bag and sat down in the chair in front of him.

"How was your day, Papa?" I questioned, and he looked up at me with a warm smile.

"It was great. Yours?" I shrugged, "school sucked a bit, but hockey practice was fun." I replied, pulling out my homework.

After practice, I always come and hang out with my papa. It is better than going home and having to hear everyone arguing and shouting.

I was lucky that my room was located upstairs in the attic. My parents tried to convince me to pick another room, any room, but I wanted the attic.

It felt like it was calling to me, and I picked it up, and I wasn't gonna change my mind about it.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I questioned, looking up at him.

"Sure. What is it?" He asked, giving me his full attention

"Duke invited me to a party tonight. I was wondering if I could go?" I asked.

It was better asking then sneaking out, right?

"You want to go to this party?" He questioned, and I shrugged ,"I guess so. I mean, I have to make an appearance one day, right? Prove that i have a social life?" I joked

He chuckled ,"If you really want to go, then you could go just be home before midnight."

I nodded, "Thanks, Papa." I reached out and grabbed a pen.

"What do you think dad is making for dinner?" I asked as I clicked the pen and started to write on my paper.

I am supposed to write an essay about literally anything. I honestly don't know where to start, so I'm just gonna sketch my papa.

"Something delicious as always." He replied

My dad's food is always delicious. If he wanted to, he could've been a chef instead of teaching a bunch of teenagers.

"Hey, Loomis! We got a case." I watched as my papa stood up, "You'll be okay here?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, might head home in a couple of minutes." He nodded, kissing the top of my head and ruffling my hair.

"Get home safe." He said, "Be safe!" I called out after him.

I always worry whenever my papa goes out. I sighed before standing up and tossing my book into my bag.

I slung the straps over my shoulders and walked out of the office. I guess I could go home. I have nothing else to do.

Maybe I could help dad with whatever he is making for dinner.
- -
After a long walk, I finally made it home. I took out my key and unlocked the door as I unlocked the door and slightly opened it.

I could hear Tara's voice arguing with mom. I sighed, great. I walked inside of the house and closed the door.

I dropped my duffle bag with my hockey gear by the door, and I took my bag, hooking it on the coat rack.

I walked into the kitchen/dining room. It was a shared room. I walked over to the fridge and took out a water bottle.

"Hey, how was your papa?" My dad questioned walking in.

"He was good. He got a case, though." I told him, and he patted my shoulder, "he'll be fine. He's always is."

I smiled ,"Yeah, I know."

"So um, what's up with mom and tara?" I questioned, and he sighed.

"Your sister wants to go to that party tonight with her friends, but Blake and Jack can't go with. Tara is arguing that she is old enough to go by herself, and your mom thinks otherwise." He said

"Jack and Blake are still grounded?" I asked, and he softly chuckled

"Re- grounded. Jack wrote a very mean message on the bathroom stalls and blake. Well, she was picking on some poor freshman."

"We're triplets. How did we turn out so different?" I asked, shaking my head

"You are all your own person." My dad told me with a soft smile.

I chuckled, "I'm gonna go and end that argument. Guess who has a social life?" I said , and I pointed to myself

"This guy. I have a social life." My dad laughed as I walked out of the kitchen and upstairs to Tara's room.

"Your savior has arrived!" I announced, standing next to mom , "I can go to that party with Tara. I already asked Papa, and he said yes, but to be back before midnight."

"I don't need a babysitter!" Tara groaned out, rolling her eyes

"But you're acting like a baby. Second, I'm gonna go and prove to people that I have a social life. That I could go out and socialize, I mean, how hard could it be, right?" I said, glancing at my mom and sister with a grin.

"Then it's settled. No more arguing." My mom said before she walked out of Tara's room, and Tara sighed.

"What are you still doing in my room? Get out." Tara told me, and I walked out, but I turned around and faced her.

"Hey, mom's not gonna let you out by yourself unless you start acting like you can handle it. Love you, sis." I walked away from Tara's room.

-------------------------

1000 word count

Hope you enjoy!