-
[Nick's pov.]

After my shower, I got dressed and headed downstairs. I ignored the pain in my legs, and I pretended that it wasn't there.

I walked into the dining room and sat down next to Tara. "Look at that, Little Saint Nick finally grew up." Jack said, with a smirk

I ignored him as I grabbed a plate and served myself some French toast.

"I made some banana milkshake." My dad said, placing a cup in front of me.

"Thanks, dad." I poured some syrup on my French toast and grabbed a fork, cutting them before eating.

"How's your head?" Papa questioned, "he probably never had a compliant before." Blake joked, laughing at her own joke.

"Ew! Blake!" Tara fake gagged, and Jack laughed.

"Enough! No more dirty jokes from you, Blake." Mom said, giving Blake a stern look.

"It doesn't hurt as much , thanks to the pills mom gave me." I spoke up before putting the mushy bread in my mouth.

"Since it's Saturday, are we still grounded?" Jack questioned,

"Yes, you are. Which means you and blake will not be going at all." Mom said

"Seriously!? That's not fair!" Blake complained

"Doesn't matter. You two were being assholes." Papa told them

I looked down at my food, I couldn't eat anymore. I was starting to feel sick.

"I have practice," I stood up , "this early? And on a Saturday?" Dad questioned

"Yeah, um, coach wanted the extra practice cause all the new guys suck. Coach needs me to murder them, not literally because he would get sued again," I replied

"I'll only be gone a few hours, and I'll be back soon." I added,

"You need one of us to drive you?" Papa questioned, and I shook my head.

"Nah, I'm skating. I'll see you guys later. Love you!" I grabbed my duffle bag and walked out of the house.

I put on my skates before I started to head to the rink. My head was clouded by thoughts.

Unwanted thoughts. I didn't want to think about what happened, but it just keeps coming up.

I want to forget it. I didn't want to remember it.

I should just put it in a box and lock it away, and it should never resurfaced again.

I made it to the rink in less than a few minutes. I went inside, and I gripped the strap of my duffle bag.

My heart started pounding in my chest as I neared the locker rooms.

"Yo, the party was so lit last night!"I froze, it was Duke. That was Duke voice.

"Shh, Nickie pie. Feels good, doesn't it?"

My breathing was beginning to quicken, my chest felt tight, and it was like someone was squeezing my heart.

I couldn't breathe. All the air in my lungs seemed to have left me.

The voices coming from the locker room were fading. It felt like I was underwater or something.

My mouth felt dry ,"loomis!" Was that coach? Why does he sound so far away yet so close?

"Loomis! What the hell is wrong with you!?" He was standing right in front of me.

"I...can't...breathe.." i managed out, "Shit, somebody call an ambulance!" I wanted to shake my head, tell him no, but I couldn't.

I needed to breathe, I needed to calm myself down.

"Nick?" His voice, I can hear his voice again. I don't want to hear his voice. I can't, I can't.

I needed to block out his voice, I managed to sit on the floor and cover my ears, closing my eyes, and I took deep breaths.

"Shh, nickie pie. Feels good, doesn't it?"

Stop! Stop it! Stop thinking about it! You are strong, so act like it!

Duke.. Duke is nothing...he doesn't matter! What Duke did doesn't matter!
Get his voice out of your head, Nick.

You can do it. Get his voice out of your head. You can do it, Nick.

I managed to block out his voice, and my breathing was calming down.

"Loomis! Are you with me?" Coach questioned, and I opened my eyes.

"Sorry coach, I had a panic attack." I mumbled

"Coach! The paramedics are here!" Oh crap, I can't hide this from my parents.

My hands were shaking, and I let out a deep breath.

I ignored Duke and focused on the paramedics.

"I um, I had a panic attack."
------------------------
Word count - 734

Hope you enjoy!