-
[Reese pov.]

Stu and I waited for Billy to be back with the kids. We only waited a bit until Tara came through the door, and Billy came in carrying Nick.

"Is he okay?" Stu questioned, and Billy sighed ,"he's drunk."

"He's a sad drunk." Tara commented, "take him to his room." I said, and Billy nodded before heading up the stairs.

"Looks like I didn't need a babysitter at all." Tara said before she walked upstairs, and I sighed before heading upstairs to Nick's room.

When I got there, Billy had already tucked Nick in his bed.

"He's gonna be okay. He's just gonna have a nasty hangover." I told him, and he sighed ,"Yeah, I know."

"You and Nick are alike in so many ways." Stu said from beside me.

"He is a mini Billy." I joked, and they both chuckled.

We watched as Nick let out a whine and turned on his side, scrunched up his face like he was in pain.

Maybe he hurt himself during hockey practice. I'll ask him about it tomorrow.

"Come on, let's let him sleep."
- -
[Nick's pov.]

My lower half ached, and my brain was pounding against my skull when I woke up.

Everything that happened last came... I remember everything.

"Morning, sleepy head. Got a headache, don't you?" I look up at the sound of my mom's voice.

"I brought you some painkillers. It would help with your headache and some water." She said, coming over to me.

"Did you hurt yourself during practice yesterday?" Mom asked, looking at me with worried eyes.

I wanted to tell her what happened. I wanted to tell her what Duke did to me, but I couldn't, and I don't know why.

"No," I cleared my throat, "No, well, um.. I think I bodyslammed those new guys pretty hard yesterday." I let out a small chuckle

"Here, take these." She handed me the pills, and I put them in my mouth, and I drank the water slowly.

"Thanks, Mama." She smiled and brushed some of my hair to the side. "First time being drunk, sucks."

We both lightly chuckled ," Is Papa mad at me for getting drunk?" I didn't get drunk, but nobody knew that. So, I lied.

What difference does it make if they find out that I was ra-... I can't even say the stupid word.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" I nodded my head ," I think I'm just gonna shower."

"Well, dad is making French toast. So don't take so long in the shower, alright?"

I nodded my head before I hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me. "I'm sorry about yesterday, mom. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable joking about something like that."

"It's okay, Nick. You don't have to apologize for nothing. Now, go shower. You smell like sweat." We both giggled before she kissed my head, and she stood up walking out of my room. 

I took a deep breath before standing up and holding back a wince. My lower half was throbbing in pain, but I needed to handle it.

I don't know if I'm ashamed of my parents finding out or that I just couldn't progress it yet.

I don't know why Duke did what he did. He was my friend and I trusted him. It was a mistake, but I still trusted him.

He hurt me, and I don't know if I could face him again, but I have to. We have practice together.

I turned on the shower and I slowly took off my clothes. I saw myself in the mirror, and I looked down, noticing bruising on my stomach.

I shook my head, and I got in the shower, feeling the hot water on my skin.

My eyes started to sting before a quiet sob escaped me, and I sat down, curling myself into a ball just letting the water hit me.

I put a hand over my mouth to muffle my sobs. I feel so digusted. 

I stood up and started to clean myself. I wanted this feeling to go away. I wanted Duke's touch to go away.

I cleaned myself until my skin started to turn red.

I don't want to believe it. I don't want to even think about it. So I'm not, I'm going to pretend that it didn't happen.

I'm just to pretend, and everything is going to be fine.

It just has to be.
---------------------------
Word count - 741

Hope you enjoy!