21.

-
[Nick's pov.]

Pain.

Pain was all felt when I slowly opened my eyes. I had to blink to adjust them to the light.

My stomach was really hurting. It hurt when I breathed . I turned my head when I heard a noise from beside me.

There was a man that I've never seen before sitting in the chair with his feet kicked up by the end of the hospital bed.

He was staring at his tablet with his headphones on. Who was this man, and what was he doing here?

Did I meet him before and I forgot about him?

I passed my tongue over my lips, and my mouth felt dry ,"Um..who are you?"

The man jumped in surpise, "Oh my god!" He looked at me with wide eyes ,"Oh, um, sorry, I'm Richie kirsch , I'm Sam's boyfriend. She just stepped out for a minute ago,"

Sam had a boyfriend? "I'm gonna go get her and a doctor." I watched the man rush out, and I sighed.

I didn't get a chance to ask him to pass me some water. There was a glass of water on the table next to the bed, and I reached out, wincing, but I grabbed the glass of water.

I slowly drank the water as the door opened, and Sam walked in. She smiled at me,

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She questioned

"Thristy, but I'm okay, where's our parents?" I asked, placing the glass down on the table.

"Mom and dad had to go back to work. They couldn't miss any more days, and Papa, he's around somewhere." Sam replied, and I gave her a confused look.

"Wait, how long have I been out for?" I asked, and Sam sighed ,"for almost a week, Dani and I came here a couple of days ago. We've been taking turns being with you."

"Did Dani also bring a boyfriend with her?" I questioned with a small smile, and Sam slightly chuckled.

"Sorry about that, I had to step out for a minute. I wanted you to meet him at a different time, not when you woke up from a one week coma." Sam said, and I slightly shrugged, wincing.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked instantly by my side, and I placed a hand over my stomach.

"Yeah, it's just my stomach, hurts a lot." I replied,

"That's what happens when you slash your stomach open, and we have to stitch it back up." Dr. April said, walking in.

"Maybe I did it so I could get more juice boxes." I said, in a joking manner, and she slightly chuckled before frowning.

"How is the pain level?" She questioned, "Hmm, a ten, I think." I told her

- -
[Sam's pov.]

Nick was cracking jokes with Richie. They seemed to be getting along better than I expected.

I never wanted Nick to meet Richie like this, but Richie wanted to come with me, and I couldn't say no. He's been really supportive the whole time.

When Dr. April was with Nick, I had texted our parents about Nick waking up and his current condition.

"It's your favorite brother!" Jack announced walking into the room along with Blake and Dani.

"You're my only brother." Nick replied, smiling.

"How are you feeling, Nick?" Dani questioned

"I'm okay, really, I am." Nick said with a small chuckle.

"Wait, you're high, aren't you?" Blake questioned, "Oh my god, he is."

"Why is our brother high?" Dani asked, looking at me , "Uh, he's high on pain medication. Dr. April gave it to him cause his stomach was hurting too much." I replied

"Oh, man, this is golden!" Jack laughed, taking out his phone, and I rolled my eyes.

"No, put that away. You are not recording him when he's high on pain medication." I said, but Jack ignored me, and I took his phone away from him.

"I want chicken nuggets. Do you think Papa would get me a happy meal?" Nick questioned

"Don't know, Nick." I said, and he frowned before chuckling. "That's not a no."

"Hey, have you guys met Richie yet?"

----------------------

Word count - 686

Hope you enjoy!

-

I honestly forgot that I made Randy and Tatum a couple in the first book. I made Randy and mickey a couple in here.

Question! Should Tatum and Hallie be married in this?