18.

-
[Reese pov.]

Stu and I rushed into the hospital. Randy had called us telling us that Nick was in the hospital currently in surgery.

We saw Randy and mickey before we saw Billy, who was covered in blood. We've seen him covered in blood before, but this time, it was different.

"What happened?" I asked, and Randy and mickey turned to us.

"We haven't heard news from Nick yet. You should check on Billy." Mickey said

"Billy?" I look over, and Stu sat next to Billy, who was staring at his hands.

"He didn't have a heartbeat," it was almost quiet, but we all it heard it. Tears were brought to my eyes,

My poor little Nick.

"It...it was self inflicted," he said, looking up at us. "He tried to kill himself. Nick tried to kill himself by slicing his stomach open."

No, no, Nick was fine. He was fine, and he didn't look like he wanted to kill himself, but the again, so did stu back then.

We didn't notice the signs before, and we didn't notice them again.

"I need some fresh air." Billy stood up and rushed out.

"You two stay here. I'll go check on him." Randy said before rushing after Billy and I couldn't help the sob that escaped me.

Stu wrapped his arms around me, crying.

I hope Nick was going to be okay. I hope Billy's gonna be okay.
- -
[Randy's pov.]

I walked out of the hospital and saw Billy punch the wall, letting out a yell of frustration.

"Hey, stop punching that brick wall," I said, and he looked at me, scoffing. "Shut up."

"Talk to me, Billy." I told him, and he glared at me, but it held no heat behind it. No hatred, just sadness.

"I should've seen the signs. I didn't see the signs with stu, and now I didn't see the signs with Nick," he said, shaking his head

"He was fine. He was okay. He wasn't sad. He was just okay," I could see his eyes glistening

"I should've seen it coming. Nick, he keeps things to himself to protect others. He keeps things to himself, so he wouldn't be a burden cause Nick has always been so understanding,"

"But I'm his Papa, I should know when he's sad. When something is bothering him, he should've come to me when he had thoughts of killing.." a sob tore through his throat

I've never seen Billy like this before, but then again, his son was in surgery cause he tried to kill himself.

"This is my fault, I'm his Papa, and I should've kept a closer eye on him. I should've made sure that he was okay, I should've - " I cut him off as I hugged him.

He tensed before he hugged me back, "it's not your fault, Billy. So, don't blame yourself."

He didn't reply. He just cried.
- -
[Jack's pov.]

Mom had called us and told us what happened. I didn't believe that Nick would try to kill himself.

It wasn't like Nick. No, it wasn't like my brother to try and kill himself. I knew Nick, I know Nick.

He wouldn't try to kill himself. He would rather deal with the pain than rather kill himself.

So it didn't make sense for Nick to try to kill himself.

"Oh, my god." Blake gasped out before turning around, and I walked over to the kitchen,

It was a mess. There was blood everywhere. There was so much blood for one person.

I saw Nick's phone laying on the floor. I went over and picked it up. The blood on it was dry now.

The cat on his phone case was hidden with dried blood. Nick would be upset about it.

He loved cats. I was startled by a phone ringing.

"Jesus, fuck." I heard blake mumble and I looked around confused until I saw the house phone laying under the counter.

I reached out and grabbed it and stood up, looking back at blake.

She was already looking at me, at the phone in my hand. I let it ring straight to voice mail.

The machine got it. It was the principal, but that didn't matter right now.

Why was the house phone on the kitchen floor underneath the counter?

I opened Nick's phone, and it was recording.

It's been an hour of a recording. My eyes widened, and I stopped the recording before I started it.

"Can I ask you how you know my papa?"

That was Nick's voice.

"Your papa and I go way back. We used to be close, very close. Say, Nick, are you close with your papa?"

Who was that?

"What was your name again?" Nick questioned

"My real name doesn't matter, but you can call me Ghostface."

I heard blake gasped, and I turned to look at her.

"Nick didn't try to kill himself." I let out a small laugh, knowing I was right.

"We have to show this to Papa."
----------------------------------
Word count - 834

Hope you enjoy!