26.

-
[Chad's pov.]

I knocked on the loomis-Macher front door. I was going to apologize to Nick no matter what. It was almost nighttime, and I hoped that Nick wasn't asleep yet, I wanted to apologize before he fell asleep.

I feel like shit for Victim blaming him, and he didn't deserve that.

The door was answered after a minute, and I froze, shit, it was detective loomis.

"Um, hi, I know it's late, but I need to talk to Nick. Is he still awake?" I questioned, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

He knew. He knew that I had a crush on Nick. Nick's Papa always knows everything. It freaked me out a lot.

"Yeah, he's still awake." He replied and stepped aside, and I walked inside, almost flinching as he slammed the door shut behind me.

"Nick! It's for you." It wasn't long before Nick appeared in a different outfit than this evening.

He wore simple sweatpants along with a sleeve shirt and ankle socks.

He looked kind of surprised to see me before the smile on his face disappeared and he was frowning at me.

Guess I deserved that.

"What did you do?" Mr. Loomis questioned, crossing his arms and glaring at me.

Shit. If I lie, he would know, but if I tell the truth, he kills me.

Either way, I'm fucking dead.

"He didn't do anything, Papa, " Nick spoke up, and God, he's such an angel.

Nobody deserves him. I don't deserve him.

"Come on, Chad. We can speak in my room." Nick said, and I nodded.

I followed Nick up the stairs, and I could feel the glare still on me.

I followed Nick into his room and closed the door.

I stood awkwardly in his room, "Um, what is it?" He questioned

"I want to apologize for what I said earlier, Nick. I didn't mean any of it, okay? What Duke did to you? That was not on you, Nick," I told him

"I was just upset earlier because of that guy. He could've hurt you. I couldn't protect you from Duke, so -"

"You want to protect me from everyone." Nick finished, and I nodded. "Yeah, I do. I don't want to see you hurt again, Nick, and I heard what you did for me,"

"I don't want you to die for me." I said, and Nick shrugged, "I'll die for anyone."

"You don't have to apologize, Chad. I understand." He said

I sighed, "You forgive so easily, Nick. I don't deserve your forgiveness."

Nick closed the distance between us, and he hugged me. "I always forgive you, Chad."

I wrapped my arms tightly around him. "I wish you wouldn't."

"Well, everyone else holds grudges for me." He lifted his head and smiled at me ,

Our faces were inches apart, and I glanced down at his lips before his eyes , I leaned in closer,

Our lips barely touched when the door flew open, and we quickly pulled back from each other.

It was Dani. Nick's older sister, she was eyeing us. I glanced at Nick and saw his cheeks were red.

I can't believe it! I almost kissed Nick. "What's going on here?" She questioned

"Um, we were just talking, that's all. Do you need something?" Nick questioned, playing with the end of his sleeve in an uncomfortable way.

Did I make him uncomfortable? Damm it! I forgot to ask for consent. I should've asked for consent instead of just trying to kiss him.

"Uh, well, I need to charge my laptop. Can I charge it in here?" Dani questioned, and Nick nodded.

"Sure."

"Chad, it's getting late, I can ask my papa if you can stay the night." Nick told me, avoiding eye contact with me.

"It's fine, I'll just ask Mindy for a ride. She's out with a girlfriend anyway." I said,

Which was a lie, but Mindy owes me anyway.

Nick nodded ,"Okay, I'll um be downstairs."

I watched Nick leave, and I sighed. "Fuck."

"What did you do?" I was startled by Dani who was still in the room. Great, I forgot about her.

"Probably ruined my friendship with Nick." I mumbled, and Dani raised an eyebrow at me, crossing her arms.

"I almost kissed him." I confess, and her eyes widened ,"what!?"

That what didn't come from Dani. We both looked over at the door and saw Tara.

"You almost kissed Nick?" She whispered, shouting, glancing behind her as if one of her parents would magically appear.

"Wait, Chad, you like Nick? Is that why Papa is always glaring at you whenever you enter a room?" Dani questioned

"Yes, I mean, who wouldn't like Nick?" I sighed, "Look, I made him uncomfortable, so I'm just gonna leave and hope that tomorrow, we can talk more." 

- -
[Nick's pov.]

Chad almost kissed me. I don't know how to feel about that. My heart wouldn't stop hammering in my chest, and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Did I want Chad to actually kiss me? Or what?

----------------------------

Word count - 840

Hope you enjoy!