22.

-
[Nick's pov.]

A couple of days passed since what happened, and finally, after countless boring and restless days, I was able to go home.

Of course, nothing changed much. My parents made sure that I didn't do much, that I either stayed on the couch or on my bed.

I didn't like it, but I couldn't complain about it. I know my parents were worried about me. Everyone was.

So, here I was, half laying on the couch with my feet on top up on the coffee table. Garfield was lying on top of me, on my lap.

I was watching the Grinch, and I let out a small laugh as a funny part came on. I slightly winced at the ache that came from my stomach.

"Hey, you okay?" Sam questioned, walking into the living room. She was taking care of me along with Dani as our parents were at work.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, that was far from the truth. I wasn't fine, I don't think I'll ever be fine again.

With what happened with Duke and Ghostface attacks. I don't know if I'll ever be fine again.

"Are you in pain? Are you hungry? I could make you something." Sam asked,

"No pain, I'm just a bit hungry. Do we still have chicken nuggets, or did Jack eat them all?" I asked

"I'll check." Sam said before walking away, and I sighed, placing a hand on my stomach.

I was in a little pain, but I could handle it. The medication makes me feel tired, and I've been sleeping a lot.

I don't want to be sleeping a lot. I just want everything to go back to normal.

"We're out of chicken nuggets, so I'm running to the store real quick." I heard Sam say, and before I could even open my mouth, the front door was slammed shut.

A sighed escaped me. Man, I need to use the bathroom.

"Dani? Are you here?" I questioned, but I got no response back. Wait, I don't need anyone, I could do this myself.

I'm supposed to be strong, right? I gently remove Garfield from my lap and slowly put my feet down.

"I can do this." I whispered to myself before I slowly stood up. Pain erupted from my stomach, and I let out a groan.

- -
[Richie's pov.]

I was in Sam's room when I heard a thud coming from downstairs. Being the concerned person that I am. I went to investigate.

I walked into the living room and saw Nick laying on the ground. "Um, are you okay?" I questioned, walking over.

"I.. I can't even walk by myself... Does the universe really hate me that much?"Nick mumbled as I helped him stand up.

"Where to , buddy?" I asked, and he sighed ,"Bathroom." I nodded and helped him to the bathroom.

As the door closed behind him, I waited outside.

The plan was working. Nick was breaking, and the others were worried and slowly breaking as well.

It would've been better if Nick actually died and everyone was so sad and heartbroken about it.

I have nothing against Nick. He's a really great kid and has nice taste in movies, but Nick's the one that keeps the whole family glued together.

If Nick is gone, then the family will fall apart, and that's what he wants.

I have no clue what's his deal is with Sam's parents, but he wanted revenge, and he wanted to destroy this family.

I am only doing it because of the original Ghostface.

I feel bad for Nick, I really do, but if he had to go, then he's going one way or another.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Dani questioned, coming back into the house.

"Uh, Nick's in the bathroom, just helping him out." I replied, and she nodded.

I know that she didn't like me that much. "I'll take over from now."

She didn't trust me either, and she didn't like it when I was Nick alone.

I just nodded. "Okay."

--------------------------

Word count -- 676

Hope you enjoy!