-
[Nick's pov.]

I was taken to the hospital. Can you believe that? I was actually used to being in the hospital since ever since I was a kid, I've been in and out of the hospital.

My doctor, Dr. April has been my doctor since I was a baby. She took some of my blood, and she told me my blood sugar level was low.

I guessed that's why I have been feeling thristy lately. Dr. April gave me a juice box.

So,here I am drinking my juice box as I waited for my parents to arrive. They must be really worried.

I mean, come on, your kid just left the house, and the next, you're being called into the hospital saying your kid is in the hospital.

"Nick!" My mom was the first to hug before my dad's did. "Are you okay?" My dad questioned, and I nodded my head.

"Yeah. I'm fine, I'm sorry for worrying you guys. I just had a panic attack, and Dr. April said that my blood sugar was low, so she took some blood from me," I said

"Look on the bright side, I've got apple juice." I added

"You had a panic attack? Why?" Mom questioned, and I shrugged

I didn't want to tell them that I freaked out because of Duke's voice cause he..

I didn't tell them that. I couldn't tell them that.

"I honestly don't know, but can we buy these juice boxes? They're good." I said, putting the straw in my mouth and drinking more juice.

"Your hand is shaking." My papa said, and I looked down at my hand. It was shaking.

"Beens doing that since I got here. Must be cause my blood sugar level is low." I replied, leaning back against the bed.

The pillow was comfortable enough. We all looked over as someone came into the room.

"Hello. I know you must be worried about Nick. His blood sugar levels are a little low right now. I want to take a few more tests." She said

"More test? For what?" Mom questioned, and Dr. April sighed.

"Nick is showing signs of diabetes." She said

"Diabetes? I swear i haven't been eating that much junk food." I said, and Dr. April chuckles.

"It runs in the family, Nick." She replied, "but you do have to cut back on the junk food, Nick."

"I'm going in a junk diet, I swear, maybe skip donut day?" I joked , trying to ease the tension in the room.

"I'm gonna need more blood from you, Nick." Dr. April said as a nurse came in.

"More apple juice?" She chuckles, "one more box, and that's it."

"Yes!"

After the nurse had taken my blood once more. I was given another juice, and I happily drank it as I surfed through channels on TV.

"Nick, you feeling okay?" Papa questioned, and I nodded

"Uh-huh." That was a lie , I felt like shit but I didn't want to worry them any further.

"You sure?" Mom questioned, and I looked at my parents with a smile.

"Yeah, seriously, I'm fine. You guys don't have to worry about me." I told them before glancing at the tv.

"Oh, cool! The blob is on." I could feel my parents staring at me.

"You guys got any water? I'm thristy." I questioned, looking at them.

"No, but I will go and get you some water. " Papa said, standing up

"Thanks, Papa."
- -
[Reese pov.]

I couldn't help but feel like Nick was hiding something from us. He was acting a bit off.

Nick was always the type to hide things from everyone, including that he was in pain.

Nick was the type of person who didn't want anyone worrying about him. He cares about everyone, but he doesn't let anyone care for him.

From a young age, Nick has always been very understanding, very caring, and selfless.

Nick would rather hide what's his feelings are to protect everyone else's feelings.

Nick wouldn't just openly admit what he is feeling. His replies were always ,"I'm fine."  "I'm okay."   

"Don't worry about me." "I'm fine." Those were his replies.

We were always worried about him cause he never expresses his feelings. He never got angry.

It was never easy to tell if he was lying or not. His lies seemed like the truth sometimes.

I don't know if Nick sensed my worry or something cause he never took his eyes off the screen, but he did reach his hand out and held mine.
-----------------
Word count - 759

Hope you enjoy!