24.

-
[Nick's pov.]

My stomach doesn't hurt as much anymore. It's been weeks, and it's slowly been healing.

The Ghostface attacks have become more frequent, and my parents, they were stressed.

I could hear them at night, whispering and sometimes whisper shouting, but I couldn't never make out what they were talking about.

Papa's barley home now, and mom and dad they were trying not to snap at everyone.

With our parents stressed out, and Papa not being home so much was making everyone else so moody.

It was like our family was slowly breaking apart.

I just couldn't stand it anymore. Mom and dad were at work. Sam was with Richie, and Dani was doing some college work.

It was her last semester, and I really hope she graduates soon. At least my family will be happy for a bit then.

Jack and blake weren't home, and I didn't want to bother anyone, but I wanted to leave the house and get some fresh air.

I could actually walk by myself now. Maybe I should take Garfield, just to be safe.

I glanced over and saw him lying on his back, mouth open, and everything.

For a second, I thought he was dead, but I saw his breathing. Garfield is such a lazy cat.

I'll be fine on my own. I stood up from the couch and headed towards the front door.

I grabbed my Converse and put them on before I grabbed a light brown jacket since it was autumn now, and it was slightly breezy outside.

I made sure that I had my phone with me before I left the house.

I didn't have a destination in mind, but I wasn't going to wander too far from the house, or maybe I could pay a visit to Papa.

No. Papa's too busy right now. He's trying to catch a serial killer, and he doesn't have time for me right now.

He needs to focus on the serial killer and not me. So, visiting Papa is not an option.

I miss Papa, though. I hadn't seen him for a couple of days and if he was home then I was asleep.

I always try and stay up so I can see Papa, but I always managed to fall asleep, I blame it on the medication.

It always makes me feel sleepy and tired.

I can't be selfish. There's people that need Papa more than I do, and that's fine. I can wait.

I can always wait. I am not a priority.

I sighed as I walked into the park that was near our home. I went over and sat on the swing set. I leaned my head against the cool metal and slightly swung myself back and forth, using my foot to do so.

I want to go back to school. I want to go back to playing hockey. I want to have my old normal life back.

Stop it. Stop being so selfish, Nick. Others have it way worse than you do. Don't be selfish, Nick.

You can't always get what you want. I frowned to myself. Yeah, that was true. I needed to stop being so selfish.

"Hey, you alright?" Startled, I lifted my head, and my eyes met brown eyes.

"Sorry , I didn't mean to startle you." It was a man. He seemed to be around Sam's age, maybe a bit older.

Brown hair, brown eyes, sharp features, and height were 5, 11. His hair was neat and short.