29.

-
[Billy's pov.]

The kids seemed to be getting along with junior better than I thought. They seemed to love him, and Nick seemed comfortable enough to be around him.

"The kids love him." Reese said as she stood beside me, and Stu stood next to her.

"Nick was right. He does look like you." Stu said, and I looked over at him, "Nick met him before?"

"Yeah, at the park, gave him advice." Reese replied, and I sighed ,"we should really teach that kid not to talk to strangers."

Stu chuckled, "Yeah, and he'll tell us the same thing he's been telling us for years, and that's, "How are you supposed to make friends if you're not allowed to talk to stranger." He said

Nick always did say that, even when he was a little boy. His exact words were, "Papa, how am I supposed to make friends if I'm not allowed to talk to strangers?"

Nick was always a sweet little boy. It's not much of a surprise that he befriended Junior before I even met him.

I just hoped that maybe after what happened with Duke, Nick would be a little Weary about people and not trust easily.

"Yeah." I mumbled, and Reese looked over at me, "Are you okay?" She questioned, and I sighed.

"Yeah, I guess so. Did the kids eat yet?"

- -
[Nick's pov.]

After dinner, mom made us all go to our rooms while she and dad set up a room for Junior.

I liked Junior. He was nice, funny and I think it's great that he's my brother. He looks just like Papa.

"Nick," I looked over at my bedroom door, and my Papa was there, "Can I come in?" I nodded and sat up.

He walked over and sat down next to me. "Are you okay, Papa?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Papa, you know it's kinda hard picturing you with someone else other than mom and dad." I said, and he chuckled.

"Yeah, hey, are you comfortable with Junior here?" He asked, and I nodded, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, aren't you.. uncomfortable about people after what happened with you know who?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"Not really, are you?" He shook his head, "No, he's my kid, I'm not uncomfortable with him."

"Then what's wrong?" I asked, and he sighed ,"Nothing to worry about, kid," He ruffled my hair with a small smile.

"You take your medication?" I nodded, and he stood up, pressing a kiss to my head.

"Get some sleep, Nick." I slightly smiled ,"you too, Papa."

I watched as Papa walked out of my room. Something was bothering him, but I know that if he wanted to talk, then he would talk with mom and dad.

I sighed and laid down on my bed, pulling the blanket on me. My phone pinged with a notification as I went to turn off the lamp.

I reached over and grabbed my phone, swiping up and it Chad. He messaged me.

Chad - "Hey, you still awake?"

Me - "yeah."

There were three dots before Chad replied.

Chad - " Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

Me - "No."

Chad - "Would you like to hang out with me tomorrow? Is that alright with you?"

Exhaustion was slowly hitting me, but I texted Chad a reply.

Me - "Gotta ask my parents first."

With that, I turned off my phone and placed it on the desk, and I slowly closed my eyes.

- -
[Junior pov.]

Reese and Stu seemed pretty cool, and so did everyone else. It was nice of them to let me stay.

Maybe I should've talked to them a long time ago instead of going on a murderous rampage and killing a bunch of people.

The past is the past, and it can't get undone.

Maybe this time, this family could be good and I don't have to kill them.

----------------------

Word count - 650

Hope you enjoyed!