9.

-
[Nick's pov.]

It's been a week since.. you know. I've been having nightmares, but I kept that to myself.

I haven't been back to the rink until we figure out how I could play hockey with passing out.

I don't know if I could play with Duke around. I haven't seen him since the party.

I don't want to see him. I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

I've been tutoring Chad for a few days. He's pretty good at math, I have no idea why he asked me to tutor him if he's so good at it.

I didn't say anything. He needed my help, and I was helping him cause that's what I do, I help people.

I just wanted my life to go back to normal. I didn't want to have nightmares. I didn't want to have panic attacks every time I woke up from a nightmare.

"Hey, you okay?" I look over at Chad, who was sitting beside me. We were in my room, studying.

Everyone keeps asking if I'm okay. I don't know why. It's like they could sense that something was wrong.

I didn't want anyone to find out that something was wrong with me. They couldn't find out.

"I'm fine." That was always my reply. The more I say, the more I have to believe that I am fine.

But lately, the more I say it, the more I feel like I'm breaking.

Clearly, I am not fine, but I just..I just didn't want anyone else to find out cause I could handle it.

I'm strong, I've been strong since I was a kid, and nothing could change that, not even getting raped by your friend.

I slightly flinched as I felt someone grab my hand.

"Sorry, your hand is shaking." Chad said, I looked down at our hands.

His hand was a little bigger than mine. His touch didn't feel like bugs chewing away at my skin.

No, it just felt normal. "Is your blood sugar low?" Chad questioned

"Uh, I don't know. I have to check." I took my hand out of Chad's.

I couldn't tell him that my hand wasn't shaking cause of my diabetes. My hand was shaking cause I was thinking about what Duke did.

It's always on my mind, and I just can't keep it locked away.

It was like the box just wouldn't shut. Maybe because of all the stuff that's inside of it.

"Are you sure that you're feeling okay?" Chad asked, and I nodded

"Yes, I'm fine." I said, a small sighed escaping me.

I stood up from my bed, "I, um, heading downstairs, might get something to eat if you wanna come with." He nodded, and he stood up.

Chad and I walked downstairs. My parents weren't home yet. Papa was still at the station, and mom and dad were still at school.

Tara was in the living room with her other friends.

Chad followed me into the kitchen, and I could feel him watching me as I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

"You want one?" I questioned, and he nodded. I grabbed another water bottle, and I passed it to him.

"Hey, dad said he's gonna make mac and cheese in the stove but he has to go to the store first, he'll be here in a couple of minutes, if anyone want to go with him." Tara said, walking into the kitchen.

She grabbed a soda from the fridge, " So, how did studying go? Did ya melt your brains?" She questioned, glancing between us.

"It went great. Nick's a really good tutor." Chad said with a smile,

I glanced between Tara and Chad. Did they like each other or something?

"That's Nick. The brains of the family." Tara replied

"That's Dani, she's the smartest in the family." I said, and I looked at Chad

"You can hang out with the others, I'm gonna go to the store with my dad." I told him

He nodded, looking a bit disappointed. Did he want to study more?
- -
[Chad's pov.]

I was disappointed that Nick and I won't be alone anymore. I wanted to spend more time with Nick.

I've always liked Nick since we were kids. He was just different, and I felt attracted to him.

Nick, he was just....he was just Nick. The most selfless, caring, kindhearted person in the word.

Yeah, he may be a little blunt sometimes and a little go with the flow kinda guy, but that's what made him.

I've been wanting to tell Nick how I feel about him, but I just don't know how to tell him.

I want to tell him but I want to make it special, like in those romantic movies.

That really cheesy loving scene where the two main characters get together and get a happy ending.

"Dad is here!" Tara's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I made a list. Do you guys want anything?" Nick questioned

When did he make a list? "Does that include us? Cause I want some hot cheetos." Liv said

Nick nodded, writing it down, "Hot cheetos got it."

I see, Mr. Loomis-Macher walk in, greeting his kids and us.

He was a nice guy, a great teacher as well.

I'm more scared of Nick's Papa. He scares me, and I think he knows of my crush on Nick cause he's always glaring at me.

"I made a list dad of what we need. I'm just adding a few more things." Nick said, and his dad nodded.

"You checked your blood sugar level yet?" Nick shook his head

"I'm about to."

"Can I do it! Please! Please!?" Blake questioned, looking at Nick with pleading eyes.

"Fine, just don't go poking my whole finger." Nick told her, and blake smiled,

"Awesome!"
-----------------------------
Word count - 975

Hope you enjoy!