16.

-
[Nick's pov.]

I liked having Uncle mickey around. He treated me like he usually does. He didn't treat me like I was made out of glass.

It made me feel better and relieved for some reason.

I also liked hanging out with Wes and Chad.

Chad shared his cat memes, and Wes made funny jokes about the memes he kept in his phone.

"Why do you even have cat memes saved on your phone?" Mindy questioned,

We were back at my house, Uncle Randy, and Uncle mickey was talking to mom and dad.

Papa was still at work.

"Cause I like cats." Chad replied, and Mindy chuckled ,"says the guy who who hated cats a few days ago and is allergic to them."

"You're allergic to cats?" I asked, and Mindy laughed ,"Oh, yeah."

"I'm not that allergic to cats, I mean, I could be around them." Chad said,

"And he will be sneezing up a storm." Mindy said, and Chad sent her a warning glare.

I really wanted a cat, I was going to see if we could get a cat, but Chad's allergic, and he's always around. So that means a no on a cat.

Maybe a dog or a hamster. I should make a whole presentation to convince Papa.

He's the one I should convince. Mom and dad would agree, but Papa is the one in charge.

"Nick, you need to check your blood sugar." Mom said, and I nodded , standing up

"What are dad and Uncle mickey making?" I asked as my mom helped check my blood sugar.

"Lasagna with mash potatos." Mom replied, "Is it the extra cheesy Lasagna?" She nodded

"That one's the best." I said, and she smiled ,"Yeah. It is. Your blood sugar level is just fine."

"So, you having fun hanging out with Chad and Wes?" She asked

"Yeah. Chad's showing me his endless stream of cat memes. Wes has some really funny jokes about them." I told her with a smile.

"Really, huh?" She was giving me this look that I just couldn't figure out what it was.

"Yeah, it's nice hanging out with them. Can I keep hanging out with them?" I asked

"You don't need to ask permission, Honey." Mom told me, and I slightly shrugged.

"I always ask. It's just a habit I can't stop doing." I replied

"Hm, how are you feeling and be honest with me." She said, and I shrugged once more.

"I'm okay, I guess."

I am feeling okay. I haven't had a panic attack yet or felt icky whenever someone touched me.

"When do you think Papa is coming home?" I asked, "soon, he'll be home soon." She said, and I nodded

"Hey, Nick. Can you get Jack down here?" Dad asked, and I nodded ,"Sure, dad."

- -
[Jack's pov.]

I was in my room on my phone when Nick walked in.

"Hey, Jack. Dad wants you downstairs for something." He said,

"Yeah, but I need to talk to you first." I told him, and he looked confused, but he nodded

"Okay, what is it?" He asked, and I sighed, placing my phone down.

"I want to apologize for what I said. Blake, she didn't say of those things that I said. I just wanted to hurt you enough so you can admit what happened." I said

"It's okay, Jack. I forgive you." Nick said, with a small shrug and a small smile.

"That's the thing, Nick," I said, standing up , "you forgive so easily, Nick. What I said to you? It was awful, and I don't deserve your forgiveness."

"Like you said, Jack. You didn't mean it. Plus, you're my brother. No matter what, I will always forgive you." He said

"You shouldn't. You really shouldn't." I said, and he walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me.

"I forgive you, and thank you." He whispered, and I knew what he was thanking me for.

I hugged him back ,"No problem, Nick."

-------------------------

Word count - 666

Hope you enjoy!