10.

-
[Nick's pov.]

Dad and I were at the store. Nobody else came with us, too busy watching a movie.

I stayed close to my dad, and I never really liked getting separated from my parents when we're in the store.

I helped my dad pick out the stuff we needed. I was looking at the different coffees while dad was looking down at the list, making sure we had everything.

"Nickie pie, is that you?" I froze, was that Duke?

It has to be Duke. No one else calls me Nickie pie.

"Nick, it's good to see you, man! How have you been doing!?" He was standing right in front of me.

I didn't want to see him, so I avoided looking at him. My heart was pounding in my chest, and I could feel my hands start shaking.

"Nick? You alright there, sweetheart?" My breathing started to quicken , I was having trouble breathing.

- -
[Stu's pov.]

I noticed that Nick was having another panic attack. "Nick, hey, take deep breaths." I told him

His eyes met mine, and he started to take deep breaths,

"Nick? You alright?" Duke questioned, and Nick closed his eyes. He was avoiding Duke.

Was he the one causing Nick to have panic attacks? Why? What did he do to my son?

"Look, I appreciate your concern for my son, but can you leave us alone?" I told him, and he looked at me, I couldn't get a  read of his emotions, but he looked at Nick before he walked away.

"Nick, hey, he's gone. It's gonna be okay, I'm here." I told him, and he opened his eyes. His breathing was getting under control.

"Sorry, dad." He whispered, "There is nothing to be sorry about." I said

"You wanna head home?" I asked, and he shook his head, "we have to finish shopping. I'm fine, dad. "

It was a lie. Nick was lying. He wasn't fine. That boy Duke did something to him, and he's hiding it.

"Okay, we just have to grab two more things, and that's it." He nodded before he grabbed my hand.

I held his hand back, knowing that this was comforting him.

I understand why Nick doesn't want to talk to us, but he has to. He couldn't keep bottling up his feelings.

- -
[Nick's pov.]

I can't believe I freaked out like that in front of dad. I've should've kept myself together.

After we came back home, I helped dad unload the stuff from the car before I went to my room.

I don't think I'll be able to handle seeing Duke at all. I have a panic attack every time I see him.

It just wasn't fair. Does he even feel guilty about what he did?

"Nick?" I looked up, and I saw Jack standing by the door to my bedroom.

"Yeah?"

"You got a second to talk?" He questioned, and I looked at him, surprised.

He wants to talk to me? About what? Why?

"Yeah, sure." He walked into my room and sat down on my bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked , and I blinked. Did I hear him, right?

"Uh, yeah. Why?" He shrugged, "You're just acting off. It's worrying mom, dad, and Papa."

"Well, I'm fine." I told him, and he scoffed , "You've been acting different ever since the party."

I tensed, and he noticed, "What happened?" He asked, standing up.

"Nothing happened, Jack. I'm fine, I swear, I am." I said

"Bullshit! Stop saying that you're fine when you're not. I know you, Nick. I may act like an asshole to you all the time, but I do care about you, so I'm calling you out on your bullshit." He said

"Tell me what happened?" He questioned , and I shook my head.

"Nothing happened." He scoffed before he pushed me back ,"bullshit! What happened!?"

"Nothing happened, Jack." I told him, he pushed me again.

"Stop that." I calmly said , why is he doing this?

"Tell me what happened?" He asked, glaring at me.

Why is he being so mean to me? What did I do to him?

"Hey, what's going on in here?" Blake questioned, her eyes darting between the two of us.

"Butt out, Blake!" Jack snapped at her. He pushed me again, and my back hit the wall.

"Jack! What the hell is your problem?" Blake asked, coming over and getting in between us. She pushed Jack back.

"Shut up, Blake. He's hiding something, and he pretends to be fine when he's not. I'm tired of his bullshit!" Jack said

"I'm sorry," I whispered , "Jack!"

"What? Oh, come on. Aren't you the one who said it would've been better if he just stayed dead? Then we wouldn't have so much problem!?"

I froze. Did Blake really say that? She..she wanted me dead? Why would she say that?

What did I do to her? What did I do to anyone. I didn't do anything.

I've been good my whole life, I did good things, I didn't..I never hurt anybody before, I never rejected being friends with anyone.

I...I was good..so why is this all happening to me?

I couldn't stop the sob that tore through my throat and blake, and Jack looked at me, their eyes holding guilt.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I slid down the wall until I was sitting down, tears streamed down my face.

"Nick, you don't have to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong." Blake said

"Then why is everyone being so mean to me!?" I cried out, "why is everyone hurting me? I think I did something wrong, right?"

"I had to do something wrong, or else Duke wouldn't have forced himself on me, or.. that you guys...why do you hate me?" I sobbed

It finally broke, that stupid glass bottle that held all my feelings inside. It finally shattered.

"Duke, did what?" Jack questioned , clenching his fist,

"You weren't drunk that day of the party," Blake whispered, her eyes widening

"He drugged you, and he rape.." Blake cut herself off, gasping

"I'm telling dad." I wanted to stop her, but I couldn't.

I just hugged my knees to my chest, crying.

Now, everyone was going to find out just how pathetic I am.
------------------------
Word count - 1043

Hope you enjoy!