14.

-
[Nick's pov. ]

It's been a week since the truth about what happened to me came out. Papa has been extremely overprotective, but i understood why.

I didn't go to school, my parents told me to wait a bit until I was feeling better.

My panic attacks have been increasing. Sometimes, it took longer to get out of one.

When my parents went to work and the others went to school. I went with my papa to work.

I just sat in his office drawing or on my phone watching cat videos.

I had some good days and some bad days. The worst days were the ones when I couldn't even get out of bed.

I hated feeling like this. I needed to be strong, but I just couldn't be.

My parents told me that I didn't need to be strong all the time. They told me that I could lean on them.

I didn't want to lean on them. They had enough to worry about and they shouldn't deal with my problems.

"Hey, I brought you some lunch." Papa's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, thanks, Papa." I said, he placed the happy meal on the table, he also placed a drink in front of me.

"You feeling okay?" He questioned, and I nodded ,"Yeah. Do you think I could go to school tomorrow?" I asked, opening the box and taking out the chicken nuggets.

I love chicken nuggets. I mean, I've been obsessed with them since I was a kid.

"I don't know, Nick." He replied,

That was a no. ' I don't know ' always meant a no with Papa. Even if mom and dad said yes, Papa always had the last word.

If he says no, then it means no. If he says yes, then it was a yes.

Sometimes, mom and dad could always convince him to change his mind. I have no idea how they do it.

I mean, once Papa's mind was made up. He just wouldn't change his mind.

I bet mom and dad make some sort of deal with him or something.

"Since I'm not going to school. Can I invite Chad over? I'm supposed to be tutoring him, but I haven't done that in a week." I questioned

"I'll think about it." He replied, looking down at his files.

That was a maybe , maybe, might change into a yes. I'll take that.

I don't know why, but I haven't stopped thinking about Chad. Most of the time, I found myself thinking about him.

He was funny, charming, heck even cute. I never realized it before until I started tutoring him.

He was always trying to make me laugh. He had these weird cat memes saved in his phone.

I didn't know that he liked cats. I always thought he liked dogs.

"Nick!" I looked over towards the door and saw Wes Hicks. He was a friend of Tara's, and he's the son of Judy Hicks.

I think she has a crush on Papa with the way she keeps looking at him. Mom has beef with her, and it's so funny to watch.

"Hey," I gave him a small wave , "Um, how are you doing?" He questioned

"Good." I replied, throwing a fry in my mouth.

"What are you doing here, Hicks? Shouldn't you be at school?" Papa questioned, glaring at him

He's always glaring at everyone, especially Tara's friends. I think Papa has something against teenagers or just Tara's friends.

"It was half a day today." Wes replied, looking nervous under the glare of my papa's.

"Um, can I hang out with Nick? If that's alright with you, of course." Wes questioned

"Please, Papa. We won't go far from the station." I told him, and he looked at me.

I gave him the best puppy pleading eyes I could muster.

Dad says it always works.

He sighs, "Fine, text me where you're heading so I can know where you are." He said, and I nodded

"Awesome!"
-------------------------
Word count - 668

Hope you enjoy!

Getting some Wes and Nick moments in the next chapter!