27. ILARIA

"Miss. Ilaria. You have a guest." Someone shouts.

Me, being the naive and excited girl I am, run happily into the living room, expecting to see my expected guest, Delilah, now that she's back.

Instead, I'm greeted by pretty blue eyes and a man.

"Arturo." My smile forms into a gritted one. "How may I help."

"It is Friday, my love. Date."

I walk over to my calendar.

Shit.

Delilah's return was so unexpected that I've just neglected all my other plans, even getting my nails done because I wanted to wait for her.

"Uh, reschedule-"

"No, please Ilaria. You have rescheduled far too many dates and I'm starting to think that the fed you hook up with is more than a hookup." He drops the flowers to his side. "Please."

"Even if Asahi was more than a hookup, it would be none of your business-"

"It would be entirely my business seeing as I want to marry you." He sighs slightly. "What plans do you have?"

"One of my close friends has just returned from a trip-"

"Romeo's girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"Romeo informed me to not let you use her as an excuse. You seen her 3 days ago when she returned-"

"And I have a whole year of drama to tell her so."

He didn't look one bit impressed. He takes his phone out of his pocket and types something, then looks back at me. "Maybe I can meet her."

"That's her decision not mine. We should be done by 9PM-"

My phone starts to ring, Delilah's name pops up.

"Lilah, my gorgeous."

"Hey, I have to cancel. I accidentally double booked meeting you and reconnecting with Damon- I'm so sorry."

"No. No don't worry about it. We'll reschedule?"

"Of course. Text me when your free." She hangs up.

"Where are we going then, Arturo." I ask.

"I'm taking you to the warehouse my father just bought. You can either pack a bag or I have clothes for you in my house already."

"Chicago?" I walk to my room, letting him follow me.

"Italy."

"You have a house in Italy?" I turn around.

"Yes. Multiple. Are you packing a bag?"

"No. I'm grabbing some essentials. I need to see if you have a fashion sense for me, and if not, you will take me shopping,"

"Of course." He holds his hands out, letting me dump things in his arms.

I then sit on the edge of my bed and put my heels on. "2 days?"

"Sunday morning we will return".

"Afternoon, I don't want to wake up early."

He smiles. "Of course."

And with that, I'm ushered into his car and on the way to the airport.

As we're stuck in traffic, I look to the window beside me to see no other than a hot FBI agent and one of his minions.

His jaw was locked, focused on the road.

I take my phone out of my bag and type a message to him, telling him to look to the left.