56. ASAHI

"I didn't bring any bikini."

"We can buy some." I pull the seatbelt over her body.

"Why Hawaii?"

"Dad lived here almost his entire life. Would still be if he didn't take the feds offer. One of my favourite places to go."

"I've never been to Hawaii." She looks out of the window. "It's warm."

"Wanna stay at my grandmas house or a hotel?"

"Whatever you want." She rests her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes.

She's being so quiet.

I give Paolo the directions to the house i always came to when we visited Hawai'i. My grandma died when I was a kid but she left the house for me and Hana. Hana hates it because she thinks it's wrong to come here when grandma isn't here.

I look out of the window as the car drives. I haven't been back here in a very long time.

"This is a nice house." Spencer looks in awe.

"Y'all she'll be fine with me. Do what you want."

Paolo hands me a gun first though. I wake her up, she mumbles something to them in Italian before I get out and she follows.

She does a spin as she looks around. "This is beautiful."

"It is. My grandad, although a cunt, built this house himself for grandma." I remember dad telling me the story. "My dad was born on the floor."

"I thought your dad was born in Japan?" She looks at me.

I shake my head no. "Here."

"Show me around." She lets go of my hand.

I flip through my keychain until I get the right key, then unlock the door. "We haven't been here in a while."

"Why not?"

"Was undercover and I'm the only one with keys." I look around, Akahana and I's heights scribbled on the wall.

She looks around, fingers brushing some dust off the cabinets. "You know Luca built all the extensions, outhouses and even the farm for mom." She looks at the arches.

I keep looking at her.

She helps herself into the living room and picks up a baby picture of Hana and I. "You've always been tall."

"Stopped growing at 20." I stand behind her.

"What do you do here then?" She puts it down.

"Private beach. We just spend the days there."

She nods her head. "Where's the shops? Actually." She stands up. "Can you make some light snacks and i'll go buy some clothes."

"Not alone, princess."

"I'll take Spenc-"

"Take Paolo."

She looks at me, shaking her head and walking away. I watch her from the window as she says something to Paolo and then they leave.

I didn't want her with Spencer because I knew she hooked up with him.

I walk out too. "I'm just headed to the store." I say to them. "Y'all really don't have to wait there."

"Orders from Romeo. Not allowed to let her out of our sight."

I nod my head.

Is she always going to be under that protection?