50. ILARIA

"You're having second thoughts." Fabio massages my shoulders. "We can hold off for a while."

"She's not having second thoughts." Romeo walks down my stairs.

"God, you are so annoying, Romeo." I groan loudly.

"You need to get married!" Romeo shouts. "Leave us, Fabio."

"I cannot do that, Romeo. I won't let you argue with her over this it is entirely her decision." He stands between us.

I smile at my soon-to-be husband. "A man with sense. Fuck off, Romeo."

He glared at Fabio before walking away.

Fabio looks at me, eyes soft. "If you need time,  Ilaria. Take as much as yoh need. Just..." He grabs my hand gently. "Just tell me something. Tell me..." He looks down at my lips. "Tell me if the only reason you're second guessing is because the agent is back?"

I take my hand away from his. "How... Who told you?"

"It's not hard to find things out, Ilaria. I put two and two together whenever Chief Hamada started showing his face more often." He takes a step back. "He was the one that hurt you."

"Fabio-"

"Tell me please, Ilaria." He smiles softly. "Tell me it's not that."

I know it is that.

"It's not, Fabio." Romeo walks back in. "He hurt her but she is not weak enough to determine her entire life by a boy that doesn't like her." He says.

And that knocks some sense into me.

I am placing my life around Asahi and that is wrong.

That is weak of me.

I'm supposed to be better than that.

"This is a big step for all Reigns, so she's hesitating, as anyone would." Romeo looks at him. "And I am worried about you not making a good slouch capo. You'll be my shadow for a week, starting now." Romeo looks at me. "You'll start dress shopping."

"Yes sir." My voice croaks.

Fabio looks between us, but nods his head at Romoe and kisses me on the cheek before leaving.

I wait until I hear their cars leaving and turn to my bodyguards. "Call the dress makers on my list and tell them to bring around their best dresses, call my mamma too."

Spencer walks away.

I grab my car keys. "I'm just going to Malory's to get heels. Gun?" I look at Paolo who throws me his. "See you later." I smile, heading to my car.

I do start driving to Malory's place, but then I turn around and begin driving to the airport.

It was like my brain had no control over my body. I park up, keep my gun in the car and walk into the airport with not a single thing.

I book a commercial flight to Chicago, checking in and an hour later, I was in the air.

This is so fucking stupid.

So stupid I even contemplated jumping off the plane.

While I was sitting there, knowing there's going to be an army of Reign men waiting for me when I land, my eyes fall upon a man looking right at me.

Stupid Russians.

I simply stare back at him, raising an eyebrow.

Then I feel eyes staring into the back of mg head and look over mg shoulder, another one.