39. ILARIA

I physically cannot stand Arturo.

This man is unbelievable.

He is too over protective and jealous. He has basically confined me to his house and he wishes I be nothing but a housewife.

And he complained that I spent too much money.

What kind of man does that?

When he leaves to get on with his day, I get dressed and walk down the stairs and am greeted by 15 men.

"Gentlemen. I do not need babysitters." I sigh.

"Boss's rules." One of them answers.

"Do you all wipe his ass too?" I grab my car keys.

"Boss says one of us have to go with you when you leave."

"Did he now?"

I open my purse grab my gun and shoot all of the ugly ones. "The rest of you are next."

"Boss is scared you will be seen with the fed." One of them stands by the door.

"Okay, tell your boss that I am going to the spa, and then I'm going to the hospital to get my cast off." I whack the gun off his jaw, then leave.

My hospital appointment is first.

I drive to the hospital, greeted by Athena.

Bless her, she looks so stressed.

"Hey, how are you?" She hugs me.

"I'm great. How are you?" I hug her.

"Hanging in there. Now, I did try and call you to warn you that my son is in my office, his father put him there, but we'll be in the room beside that." She walks.

"That's alright." I walk with her. "I did some digging like you asked me to. I think Hana may be in Chicago. I'll follow a lead later on tonight but I do believe she is being held by Arturo's men."

Athena nods her head. "Please be safe, Ilaria. This wrist will be sore for a couple of weeks."

"I can fight, surprisingly."

"If you need Kairi to head down with you, I'm sure he won't mind."

"No, no, I'll be fine. If i give you a tracker though, will you keep watching it? Just in case."

"Of course." She opens the door to a room. "Thank you for doing this, by the way. I know you don't really like Arturo."

"Oh, I'm going to have to learn to tolerate him though. Wedding will be sometime while Matteo is in rehab." I cried when I found out Matty won't be there, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later. I need to be the first Reign married.

Delilah and Romeo are engaged and their wedding won't be until after Matteo is out of rehab, and Romeo is sure on that.

I just have to follow what Arturo wants which is very annoying.

"Oh, honey, that's horrible." She pouts. "I'm so sorry."

"Will you come?" I ask.

"Of course I will." She sits down.

We talk while she's cutting the cast off, helps me flex my wrist and shows me some exercises.

Something falls from the room beside her and she looks over her shoulder. "Asahi is awake, I'll check the burns, stitches and then you can head out, okay?"

"Thank you." I look at the door.

"Kairi handcuffed him to the desk so he won't be able to come in." She pulls gloves over her hands. "These burns are healing nicely. I doubt they'll be any scarring."

"They hurt when I shower still."

There was an even louder bang from the room next door, and then the door opens.

I had to give him credit.

He stood there, desk dragged across the floor, arm by his side, looking right at me.

"Asahi, that desk was attached to the ground." Athena stares at him in shock.

"I'll fix it." He looks at her, then back at me. "Hello."

"Go back." Athena stands up. "Don't make me call your dad."

"Dads gonna do nothing." He tuts. "Ilaria, hi."

"Asahi!"

"Mom, please. I love her."

My heart drops.

I look at him and how ridiculous he looked standing there attached to a desk, and then replay the words that just came out of his mouth.

"Oh my God." Athena mumbles. She scalds him. Pushing him back and threatening to call his dad.

After about 15 minutes had passed, he finally gave up and let her get back to me.

We were both silent.

She checks me over, says I'm perfect and the just hugs me. "He doesn't know we asked you for help." She mutters.

The door opens again and this time, he has no desk attached to him but his hand is extremely red.

"Asahi." She slouches.

"I meant it." He looks at me.

"Uh, thank you, Athena." I smile, walking out of the room.

I head out of the hospital, sit in my car and just stare at the entrance.

Hoping he would walk out.

He does, eyes landing directly on my car before he runs up, opening the car door and getting in the passenger seat.

He looks stressed out. He's getting acne and his facial hair is longer.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" I ask.

"No." He says quickly.

"I'm going to send you an address. Pick me up from there at 8PM. Wear all black, and bring a couple guns." I start my car. "And take your Bugatti Veyron."

"What are we going to do?"

"Just meet me." I look at him. "Now get out."

He nods his head, eyes lingering for a moment before he gets out and watches me drive away.

I do head to the spa after that, then drive to Ciro and Keilani's place. They give me a tracker and let me eat lunch with them.

Ciro slurps loudly on his drink. "Heard you and baby Hamada had a thing." He says, making Keilani slap him.

"Who told you?"

"Your mom called and said not to mention him." Keilani looks at me.

"He's a good lad." Ciro says.

"He is." I pick my nails. "Hey, can you send me a new Ferrari?" I ask Ciro.

"Which one?"

"Just a pink one." I stand up. "I'll see y'all later." I check the time.

I stop by the place I'm meeting Asahi at and order myself some food.

When it's 6PM, I text him the address.

And then I wait.

=
=
=
=
=
OOOOOO

word count: 1045