33. ILARIA

Mom brings me my food, sitting with me. "How's your leg?"

"Sore." I look at it resting on the footstool. "I can walk, you know."

"Let me give my girl some princess treatment." She kisses my cheek. "Has he called you yet?"

I shake my head no.

I got out of the hospital a week ago and I'm still waiting on a call or visit from Asahi.

She just rests her head on my head.

I eat, watch Alessio and Emilio argue over who gets to help me with my physio.

Has he finally decided to stay away from me because of all of this?

Is he doing it from a place of love?

But he doesn't even love me. We simply were friends with benefits whether he liked to admit it or not.

And like usual, I fell harder for him than he did for me.

I basically bought this upon myself.

"Mamma, she's crying!" I hear Alessio shout.

I snap out of my thoughts and hear dad tell them all to leave, then dad sits beside me.

I rest my head on his shoulder, picking up his hand and playing with it like I always did when I was a kid. "Do you think he's finally left?"

"If he did without explanation then he's a coward." Dad says.

It's so annoying.

I am never good enough for anybody.

I hate that about myself.

He didn't want to stay and find out who it was doing this. He just left. Like a coward.

I close my eyes. "I should have never-"

"Shhh, no, Ilaria." Dad rubs my shoulder. "Don't blame yourself for the actions of others, darling."

"How can I not? It's my fault we were together."

"A relationship is two sided."

"We weren't even in a relationship papa, it's just the same old stupidness of me falling for someone who wanted nothing but my body."

He kisses my head, rubbing my shoulder still. "You're not stupid, you're young."

"I'm a fool."

"You're not, honey. He's a fool."

I open my eyes, looking at my dad. "I wish all men were like you."

"You'll find somebody, Ilaria."

"I don't think I will find anybody that will love me as much as you love mom."

"You will. I know you will."

I rest my head on his shoulder again. "He could have called to ask if I was okay."

"Shows what type of man he is." Dad says. "And you don't want a man like that."

The doorbell rings and I can hear Emilio at the door yelling out a bunch of profanity.

"Guess he decided to show his face." Dad helps me stand up. I walk, more like limp, to the door and see Asahi standing there with flowers.

I look at him. 

He looks at me. The bandages wrapped around my leg still, my wrist in a cast.

That explosion snapped my wrist in half.

"Piece of shit." Emilio mutters before walking away.

He swallows thickly as he looks down my body again. "Shit."

"Took you a week, hm?"

He looks into my eyes. "I am... uh..." He takes a step back. "This was a mistake."

"Asahi-"

"No. Ilaria." He shakes his head. "No. You... You are dangerous to be around." He drops the flowers on the floor. "I am so glad that you are okay but stop calling me, please, princess. Just... we're done. Okay." He walks away.

I stand at the door, gobsmacked.

"Papa where's your guns? I'm gonna shoot him." Emilio runs down the stairs.

All at once, it felt like everything stopped and I was kicked in the gut.

I lose balance, but Emilio grabs me and steadies me.

I'm not dangerous.

Am I?

Dad lifts me up as Luca and mom walk into the living room.

Somehow, this hurt more than any other situationship I have ever been in.

"He's not worth it, Ari." Mom cradles me.

He's showing that he's not.

But I absolutely wanted him to be.

I cry myself to sleep on my moms lap, and when I wake up, Romeo and Matteo were here.

Romeo looks at me. "I told you-"

"Shut the fuck up." Matteo smacks his head.

"Ow! Mamma, why do they always slap me?"

"Cus you're a dick." Mom tuts.

"Don't really want a family reunion right now." I stand up.

They all watch me as I limp out of the room and make my way slowly up the stairs.

I go to my bed, laying down and staring up at the ceiling.

All of 5 seconds later, Matteo walks in.

"I don't wanna talk."

"I think somethings going on with Asahi." He closes the door.

"I don't-"

"Ilaria." He sits on the edge of my bed. "I wouldn't tell you this if I think it wasn't worth it but he's been acting different for like a week now."

"Matty."

"His mom is even here. His dads been stressed out and they're not working with us currently, not where I am working." He grabs my hand. "I'm gonna snoop around their office to see what's going on but I think the person hurting you is now threatening him."

"Matteo, I can't talk about this right now and I don't want to hear it." I turn onto my side.

It will just give me false hope.

He kisses my cheek. "I'll see you later, Ilaria."

"Bye." I close my eyes, and cry myself to sleep again.

=
=
=
=
=

ooo drama

word count: 914