74. ILARIA

I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to Asahi while he was acting like a Made Man.

He's with the gang at the minute, my father, my brothers, handling guns and knives.

Keilani sits beside me. "He is yummy."

I smile. "Do you not think he just looks so... natural." I watch as he floors my younger brother, holding the back of Alessio's head so that it doesn't hit the ground.

"I mean, he looks more criminal than all of these men combined." She pops a cherry into her mouth. "And he does... blend in."

I take a cherry from her. "Did they find out about Buckley?"

"Yeah, some of the underbosses are torturing him now, trying to find out how he's getting these people to be around. Ciro's leading them." She waves as Asahi looks this way.

He runs up, black compression shirt on, a pair of black sweatpants. "I'm heading to the warehouse with-"

"One more time." I give him my look.

He smiles. "Can I go to the warehouse with your brothers so we can question Mario?"

He knows i don't want him there.

"I'll come."

"Fine by me, amore." He kisses the back of my hand.

I laugh, he's been learning Italian and keeps calling me the weirdest shit ever. Amore is one of the nicer ones.

I shake my head, saying goodbye to Keilani. He kisses me on the head, arm around my shoulder as he walks with me.

"You floored Alessio."

"Brother is quite cocky, thought I couldn't so I had to prove him wrong." He smiles.

"He's 17."

"And?"

I roll my eyes, he opens the car door for me. "Blacked out."

"Why are we going to Mario?" I ask.

"Need to ask a few things about Underson, Buckley and the multiple skinheads that shot me." He pulls the belt on for me, then walks around and gets the other side of me. "Romeo and I are getting along."

"I saw." I take the belt off, shuffle up to the middle seat. "Roman gets in he drivers seat, Romeo beside him, usually the twins either side of me." I put my belt back on.

As if on cue, the doors open. "Em is driving with Ash." Alessio gets beside me. "He's my favourite boyfriend of yours."

Asahi smiles and they talk about fucking anime the entire drive.

Finally, they shut up and we walk into the warehouse.

Mario was talking with Ciro, he looks this way as I walk in. I smile. "You look well." He nods his head respectfully at everyone. "May I see the scar?" He asks Asahi.

Asahi lifts his shirt up and I nearly fainted at the sight of his abs.

I am one lucky girl.

Mario looks at it with great intensity and then just nods his head. "They're trying to mimic a gang. Let me guess, skinheads, all white guys, probably full of tattoos. One attacked you from behind?" He looks at Asahi.

Asahi nods his head. "Who are they?"

"Marshals. Buckley must've sent your information out to his posse." Mario looks at Roman. "I can find that out, I just need my laptop and phone."

"Where are they?"

"Either my office or house."

"I'll head to your house." I say. "Sahi and I will."