61. ILARIA

I smile when Asahi's car rolls up.

"You're obsessed." Grayson puts his book down.

"I finally have him." I kick his shin, running to the door.

All Asahi did was get out of his car and I was running in the gravel in my bare feet to jump into his arms. "Miss me that much baby?" He holds me tightly.

"I did." I kiss his jaw. "The dogs are all sleeping."

"Were they okay on the flight?" He asks, carrying me to the doorstep so my feet don't get hurt on the gravel.

"Shiro acted up a bit but for the main part, yeah. Hurry up." I walk back inside.

He gets his suitcase from his trunk and brings it in.

I close the door after him, turning the security alarm on and typing in the passcode.

He greets my bodyguards and makes small chitchat with them while I drag his big metal suitcase to the staircase.

Ain't no way in hell i'm carrying that up the stairs.

"Ilaria, I got it." He walks over, kissing my cheek again. "Your parents on their way?"

"Tomorrow morning." I walk behind him as he effortlessly lifts the suitcase up the stairs. "Which one is yours?"

"Double doors."

"Of course." He opens them, leaving his suitcase by his bed as he looks around. "Nice house."

"Not as nice as yours." I hug him.

We have literally spent every single day beside each other for a while now. I have withdrawal symptoms whenever I am not around him.

"I'm gonna make or order food then go sleep, tired." He looks at me.

"Order food. I haven't ate yet and there's no food here."

"Okay, what do you want?" He walks with me down the stairs.

"Whatever you eat. By the way, they're all staying for a couple of nights. House was broken into while I was away and it's just a precaution. They won't bother us."

"Fine by me." He slumps on the couch, I sit directly on his lap.

He takes his phone out, scrolling through uber eats. "Burgers?" He asks.

"Whatever."

"Chicken or beef?"

"Beef."

He hums as he taps on his phone screen. "Y'all want anything?" He looks to the guys in the kitchen.

"Just whatever you're getting." Paolo says.

"Double beef, pickles, cheese, lettuce and tomato, side of loaded fries?" He asks them. They all nod their heads.

I think maybe I should have ordered my own food.

"Can you get a salad too?" I ask.

"Drink?"

"Water."

He adds something else in and then places the order.

"How was work?" I ask.

"Good. We're beginning to build a case on Romeo." He looks at my lips. "You're next."

"What have you got so far?"

"Just basics. Background, present life, convictions." He names off. "I don't know who the rat is yet."

"How would you find out?" I lean back.