55. ASAHI

Romeo bursts into my hotel room. "Yes, help yourself." I keep staring at the ceiling.

He throws something on me.

I look at the suit, then he throws a pair of shoes on me, hitting off my chest.

"What is this?"

"Get changed."

"No."

"Get changed before I change you myself, dick face." He tuts.

"Why am I getting changed into a suit?" I sit up.

"Because." He closes the door.

I stand up, glaring at him as I walk into my bathroom and change out of my sweatpants into this shit.

I don't bother making it look nice, it looked messy, untucked and barely buttoned.

I walk out and he looks up from his phone. "You know why your families in New York?"

"Renewing of your parents vows."

He sniggers. "Your dads kind of funny. No, Ilaria's wedding."

I think my heart stopped beating for a second. "What?"

"You heard me. You're going to walk in through those pretty white doors whenever Luca says his little objection thing. You hear me?"

"I'm not ruining her wedding."

He blinks at me blankly. "If you don't get your ass out of this hotel room and at least to the venue so she spots you and realise how stupid this is... I'm going to shoot your sister. Ilaria's bodyguards are watching her."

"I'll go but I'm not ruining her wedding."

"Yeah, whatever. Come on." He opens the door.

I grab my phone quickly and walk off with him. He gets in a Ferrari and begins to drive us to a massive fucking hall.

"No church, no?"

"Does it look like our murdering family are Catholic?" He glances at me.

"I'm trying to make small talk."

"Don't." He parks up, throwing his keys to a valet who geeked out at his car.

"Make yourself at home." He says to me, then leaves me to fend for myself.

I walk around the corridors, earning weird looks from people but mutters of 'we have orders to stay away.'

Romeo and his intimidation.

I see her friends all piled into one large room, wearing pastel. I walk past them and as I do.

I head down the hallway and end up just staring at a painted picture on the wall.

What am I even doing here?

I lose myself in a daydream, staring at these awful shapes and colours.

She wanted a fancy wedding. One in a beautiful church with stained glass windows.

Not this shit.

I hear an organ begin to play and jumped, snapping myself into reality.

This is the doors where she would walk in from. 

I walk to the large window, hiding myself in the curtains as the chit chat quietens down and heels are clicking off the floor.

This entire thing sounded like a death march. Why is she marrying him when she doesn't even like him?

The million dollar question that Ilaria Reign will simply refuse to answer.

The double doors open and I watch from the curtain as people start walking down the aisle. The bridesmaids and groomsmen and her parents and her siblings.