Love?

POV: Atlas

For the past couple weeks Grusha has been joining us in hanging out, especially since I wouldn't accept to be the third wheel of Luna and Sol, even though they kept refusing to being in a relationship.

But me and Grusha spend most time together, just us two. Mainly in class we sit next to each other, but basically every week we hang out, our friendship growing with the day.

Now spring was quickly approaching and I'm inseparable from Grusha, but somethings holding me back. A strange, unknown feeling has been haunting me like a misdreavus, attacking me whenever I least expect it.

Every time me and Grusha hang out, my heart starts pumping loudly and my cheeks start to flare up with warmth. And now the summer time is coming closer, and more revealing clothes come out the closet, I, for some reason, get nervous that Grusha suddenly pull up on a hang out spot of ours in shorts or maybe even a tank top.

Even the thought of Grusha wearing that was enough to turn my cheeks red.

I loudly groan, not able to focus on my homework because my mind keeps going back to him.

'What's wrong?', I heard my sister say. I quickly turned to the door, seeing her leaning against the door frame, arms crossed over her chest.

'I had closed the door, I'm pretty sure of that', was the first sentence that escaped my mouth.

'Yea, mom and dad called you for dinner like 5 times, then they asked if I could get you, thinking you were listening to music but I could walk in, stand here for a minute or 3 and you still didn't realise me because of..' she paused for a second. 'Because of your homework? You're never so focused on school that you nearly skip food. What's on your mind?' She said, sitting across from me, on my bed.

I sigh. 'Grusha is on my mind, he has my mind taken over like de fungi on a parasect's back'

'Don't compare him to a mind eating fungi-'

I let out a breathy chuckle, almost forgetting that Luna has grown to love Grusha, in a brother-sister way.

'It's just..' I looked over the ground, hoping that the right words were written there, somewhere. 'I don't know..'

'Sounds like you're in love with him'

'Luna, not this joke agai-', I started, but as I looked back at her, I didn't see the mischievous grin on her face like whenever she made that joke. It was pure seriousness.

We sat there, staring at each other, until Luna got up. 'Come, dad made taco's'

I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling while thinking back at what Luna said.

Since the floor didn't have answers for my confusing feelings, I hoped against better knowing, that maybe the ceiling knew something I didn't.

I grabbed my phone and started texting Sol.

U: "hey you still awake?"

I watched as the little grey bubble turn green.

Sunshine: "dude why the fuck are you texting me at 1 AM?! You know I have guitar training this morning!"

U: "I'm sorry okay! I'm just wondering something"

Since I knew him so well, I just knew that he was rubbing the drowsiness out of his eyes, before the "texting" text appeared back on screen.

Sunshine: "and that is?"

U: "I think I'm in love with someone, but I'm not sure"

Sunshine: "why are you asking me? Isn't your sister 'a love expert'?"

U: "she was the one that told me that I might be"

Sunshine: "who"

U: "my sister told me that"

Sunshine: "ughh noo, who do you think you're in love with?!"

U: "ooooh, Grusha"

He left me on read for a solid minute or 2.

Sunshine: "Grusha?"

U: "yup"

Sunshine: "welp, I guess if you ask 'am I in love with them?', that that is a strong telling you are, just like pregnancy"

U: "why the fuck did you bring up pregnancy?!"

Sunshine: "sorry that happens when I'm tired and have guitar practice in a few hours. Goodnight"

U: "wait!"

But it was to no effort, since the green bubble turned grey again.

I sigh, putting my phone back and rolling around until I was sound asleep.