Prom kisses

POV: Grusha 

The exam year was.. surprisingly easy, as were the exams.

While Atlas was looking for a new academy to study, I was practicing snowboarding, and now the school prom was getting close.

A few years ago I would have been exited, maybe nervous, but now I was scared. The school has a tradition, every year one of the male seniors would be prom king, one of the female seniors would be prom queen, and they would kiss, some years a full-on kiss on the lips, some just one on a cheek or hand. But that didn't make me less nervous.

I knew Atlas would be prom king, not only because of his looks, but also because of who he was, kind, brave and willing to run into burning buildings to save people. But I also knew Amanda would be prom queen, and she calls this moment the perfect way to save Atlas from giratina, by jumping into his arms and pressing her lips against his.

My blood boiled by the thought. When Amanda and I were still friends, she always talked about that she wanted to be prom queen once, and hopefully get a kiss from a good looking guy, but I was going to take that chance away from her.

'How about this?', Atlas asked, showing off a suit he could wear to prom.

'It's completely black, and you're not going to a funeral. Change', Rika commanded.

He sighed. 'We are never coming out of this, are we?', he asked, turning to me.

'Maybe I should try on some?'

I quickly walked into the changing room and putting on a grey suit, before walking out and showing it to them. 'And?'

'Beautiful, it fits you perfectly', Rika said, Atlas nodding along with her.

'It's pathetic', someone said, making us turn to them.

'Leave him alone, he's prettier than you', Rika snarled at Amanda.

'In a parallel universe?', Amanda asked, checking out her cuticles.

'You know, there's a difference between being blind for change and confident in yourself'

She chuckled. 'Well, Cristine is neither'

'Grusha', Atlas and Rika snarled at the same time.

'Same thing'

Rika balled her hands into fisted, with enough pressure to make her knuckles white. 'No it's not'

'I mean, she still got the body of a woman, doesn't make that her a woman?'

'Because I have the body of a man doesn't make me one, does it?'

'It does, Ricardo', she answered, Rika slightly flinching from the name Amanda said to her.

'How do you-', Atlas started.

'I have my ways', she smirked, walking out of the store, leaving Rika staring at the floor, her hands still in fists. 

'Rika?', Atlas asked, placing his hand on her shoulder.

'I don't want to talk about it', she said, storming out of the store.

I was fixing Atlas' tie, somehow he messed it up again. 'They're about to tell who prom king and queen are', he said, slightly blushing.

'I already know who they are'

'Really? Who?'

'You and Amanda'

'Why do you think that?'

'You two are popular, good looking, and after the school found out you ran into a burning house to save my dad, your popularity skyrocketed'

'Don't worry, I'll make sure Amanda won't have a taste of my lips', he said, winking at me.

I chuckled. 'She's a seviper, you'll never know when she'll attack'

'And our prom king of the year is... to no one's surprise, Atlas L/N!', the principle called out.

Atlas walked over, smiling softly and waving like a true king. He bend down to get crowned, while I walked to the side of the stage, ready to walk onto it.

'And our prom queen is.. Amanda Floxe of course!'

I stepped up a few steps, watching as Amanda was being crowned. 

'Everyone ready?', the principal asked to everyone, with a choir of "yes!" being yelled back. 'Then it's time for the kiss!'

That was my cue to storm onto the stage, making Atlas turn around, slightly confused.

I grabbed him by his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss.