Isn't it lovely?

POV: Atlas 

I didn't know where I was, only that the ground was soft and slightly warm, it was an open area, free from walls or ceilings, and someone walking next to me.

Every time I tried to talk to them, they told me nothing, but their golden wings were weird to look at. This person was most definitely human, then why do they have wings?

'He's here sire', they said, looking up at something standing in front of us. It was hard to see who or what they were talking to, since they were standing directly in front of the sun, making they a black blur.

'Why is he here?', the sire person asked.

'Well.. because.. you know.. he's dying-'

'I'm what!', I shouted.

'Dying', the winged person repeated.

'No! I can't!'

'Why not? You were bleeding out, besides, the nurses are planning to pull your plug'

'No, Grusha still needs me!'

'Who?'

'Adam', the sire person said, warning the winged person.

'Sorry, sire', Adam bowed their head slightly.

'Send him back'

'What, sire we can't do that! He's dead, we aren't allowed to send back the dead'

'Says who? Last time I checked I'm in control of the living, and the dead'

Adam gulped. 'But why, if I may know'

'He did lots of good deeds, and he has more to do. It's not his time, yet'

'Of course, sire', Adam again bowed their head, lifted their hand towards me and I was sent back, flying.

My eyes fluttered open, my whole body in pain and agony. I looked next to me, to see a sobbing Grusha, staring at the ground, his hand in mine. 

I gave him a small and weak squeeze, but it was enough to make him look up at me, before running out of the room, shouting "he's awake".

Quickly I was surrounded with nurses and doctors, checking if I was stable. After they were done, they went to call my parents, and Grusha joined me in the room, gently hugging me. 'They were planning to pull the plug', Grusha mumbled into my shoulder, tears streaming down his cheeks, soaking my hospital gown.

I placed my hands on his cheeks and pulled him to face me. When I was dead, half dead? I realised something. If I suddenly die, Grusha would never know how I feel for him, and I didn't want that, I want him to know how much he really means to me before I leave this earth.

'I love you', we said at each other at the same time, leaving each other slightly shocked.

A small smile creeped up my face, before I started chuckling. 'We really had to confess at the same time?'

Grusha chuckled along with me. 'So those kisses in the cave did mean something'

'Of course! Same as that love letter I wrote you'

'You were my secret admirer?'

'Yea,' I chuckled, gently pulling him closer, only a few inches apart from him, 'you are just too beautiful for me to not fall for you'

He made a move towards me, but before our lips touched, we turned around to the sound of slow clapping. At the door was my mad sister. 'Really? You nearly die and he is your first priority?'

'He was here first'

'Excuses'

I sigh, my and Grusha's moment completely ruined. 'Where are mom and dad?'

'Still parking the car, everyone in the region seems to be here'

'Can we have a moment then?'

She sighed, walking out of the room.

'Where were we?', I asked, turning back to Grusha, who gently presses his lips against mine as soon as I finished my sentence.

The kiss wasn't that special, just a quick peck on the lips, but it sure send me to heaven and back. 'Around there', Grusha answered my question.

'I'm pretty sure that the kiss would be longer if Luna didn't interrupt us', I mumbled, making Grusha giggle.

'You'll get more kisses, after we leave this hospital'

'So we're dating?'

Again, a short peck on my lips, and I sure thought his confidence was hot. 'Yes, we are'