Surgery

POV: Atlas

The doctor asked to talk to Grusha, alone, so I went to walk eevee to some grass.

After a little while I came back to a sobbing Grusha. I quickly ran over to him, pulling him into a gentle hug. 'Grusha, what's wrong? What happened?'

'He's dying', Grusha mumbled into my chest, where he had buried his face.

'Because of the fire?'

'No.. he has cancer and never told me' Grusha said, lifting his head to face me. 'He needs surgery, but can't afford to pay 10K'

I gently cupped his cheeks, wiping away his tears with the brim of my thumbs, not able to know what to say. He was a death man walking if he didn't get surgery, and he can't afford it.

'Evio?', eevee said, looking up to Grusha in confusion.

Grusha gently picked up the little pokemon, before handing him to me. 'My mom doesn't want pokemon in the house, and I don't want to release eevee. Can you take care of him until I can again?'

'Of course', I said, taking over eevee, sad that I couldn't do anything for Grusha anymore.

'I'll.. see you Monday at school I guess'

'Yea.. till then', I mumbled, turning around and walking out of the hospital.

Eevee was wondering why Grusha didn't come along with him and continued to look around for him.

I sighed, wondering if I could do anything for Grusha. It broke me to see him like that, sobbing his eyes out.

But then an idea shot into my mind. I could pay for the surgery!

Running back home, I quickly opened the door and started looking for all the money I had, which was 1.5K.

'Perks of saving up', I said to eevee, who seemed even more confused.

'What are you doing, you hoe ass copperajah', Luna angrily grumbled, before noticing my bandages. 'What the fuck?! What happened!', she shouted, dropping down next to me.

'The house of Grusha's dad was on fire and his dad was still inside, someone had to get him'

'And why do you have an eevee?'

'Grusha's dad needs surgery to live and can't afford it, and his mom doesn't want pokemon so it was this or to release him'

'And you're planning to pay that surgery?!'

'You haven't seen Grusha sobbing his eyes out, otherwise you would have too'

'Why are you two still awake and yelling?', a voice behind us said.

We turned around to see our mom and dad standing there, clearly pissed.

'Hey mama and papa', we shyly mumbled. Eevee saw them as friends and started cuddling with my dads leg.

'Why is there an eevee here?', he asked.

I quickly told my parents what was going on with Grusha, and they sighed.

'We'll pay, and his dad can stay in our spare bedroom, now go to bed'

'Promise?', I asked.

'Yes promise', they mumbled, walking back to the safety of their bed, but then Miranda started crying, and they groaned, walking to her room to comfort her.

'When are you going to tell Grusha?', my sister asked.

'How about when his dad has recovered and moved in? Then I'll invite him over and show him his dad'

'You do to much for him,' Luna grumbled, standing up, 'at least you're scoring points with the in-laws'