Chapter 6: The Glade

Evelyn sat down at a picnic table with her food only to be joined a few minutes later by a group of guys. Nick had a sleepy blurry eyed look, like he just rolled out of bed, his hair a mess still from sleeping. Alby looked grouchy and ready to bit anyone's head off if they talked to him, Gall joined the table too, he just nodded in greeting and dug into breakfast. Newt and Minho also joined the table, still bickering like a married couple.

"Minho, did you upset your wife?" Evelyn asked, sipping her coffee.

"Yeah, he must be PMSing!" He threw his hands into the air dramatically and sighed. He turned to Newt beside him and shoved his shoulder. "Come on Mama Newt, be nice to me, I'm just trying to help you, be a good wing man!"

"Would you just buggen' drop it?" Newt rolled his eyes.

A huge guy with long hair pulled back into a bun clumped his way over, and stood awkwardly for a moment at the end of the table.

"Ahh, Sonny! Come sit, my man!" Nick grinned at the guy, and swept his hand at the table.

With a nod he slid onto the bench beside Evelyn, he was so huge it dwarfed her. She looked like a child sitting next to him.

"Still think you're average height? Look how teeny tiny our Pixy is!" Minho grinned at the girl who rolled her eyes.

"So we just need Frypan and we have the leaders..well the ones who stepped up at least." Nick said looking around the table.

"What's Gally's job?" Minho asked.

"What's your bloody job?" Newt asked.

"How about yours, ya British twat!" Minho retorted.

"Oh would you two just slim it!" Alby growled.

"Gally, did you want to start on expanding the healers hut? Or just give Evy her own place to sleep beside the hut, would probably be easiest. Jack can sleep with the rest of the guys if he's' not needed." Nick said.

"Good that." Evelyn said quietly, smiling at Nick.

"All right. I can grab a few guys and get started, might as well do something." Gally nodded, and went back to his breakfast.

"Hey guys, can I join?"

Frypan stood at the end of the table, everyone nodded and he slid onto the bench.

"So? What's everyone talking about? Oh Eve, I found a cast iron pot you can use!" Fry said with a big smile.

"Perfect, thank you!"

"Just talking about what to do today." Alby grumbled, eyeing his empty coffee mug like it insulted him.

"Someone is gonna have to deal with those animals in the barn...I heard some chickens, we could have eggs...same with meat." Fry said, pointing to the big red barn in the corner. Nick turned to look, and then nodded. He produced a piece of paper and pencil from his pants pocket and wrote something down.

"Oh! There was also a huge box on the counter when I exploded the kitchen, it was full of all kinds of different seed packets." Fry went on.

"I can do that, well, I can start. Might need some bloody help though." Newt said nodding, rubbing his bottom lip with his thumb.

"I can help." Evelyn volunteered.

"Good that!" Newt grinned at her from across the table.

"Great! We have a plan-"

Nick never finished his sentence. The ground started to shake and tremble.

"The fuck is going on?" Minho yelled.