Chapter 35: Fire

Evelyn woke to Minho getting, he was quiet, but Evelyn had been a MedJack for so long she was a light sleeper and woke to any kind of noise. Minho was trying to skip back to the Homestead before anyone woke up. He didn't want anyone knowing he was there for the night; too many questions he didn't want to answer.

"Minho?" She whispered.

Slowly sitting up so she didn't wake up Newt. The other boy turned to look at her, she could see the shame on his face and in the way he held his body.

"There's no shame in reaching your breaking point. Thank you for coming to me."

He just nodded.

"Hey," she whispered, with a smile, "Head up soldier."

He picked his head up and finally looked at her. Her messy bed head hair, sleepy puffy blurred eyes from late late night talks, but she looked so small and innocent sitting in bed in Newt's hoodie, but she had the same steel in her eyes, the same set look of determination on her face.

He could feel his own heart squeeze, she was so innocent when they first got here. But innocent doe eyes, her gentle, shy, timid demeanor...and now..she jumped into life and death situations, was scared to call anyone out if they crossed a line, and she could dish out tough love because she had seen it all, death gore, blood, lies... She had seen too much to be the sweet innocent girl anymore.

"Thank you, my Commander and Chief." He smirked and then saluted her.

"Shucken rights." She grined at him.

"See ya at breakfast." He turned to leave, but stopped and looked over his shoulder, "No hanky panky Pixy!"

"No promises!" Newt's sleepy voice replied.

"Just wrap it before ya tap it Newt! We don't need no Glade babies!"

Evelyn just chucked a pillow at his head.

"Sicko!"

He ducked and closed the door laughing. Newt wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back down.

"I want snuggles!" He whinned.

"Well when you whine like that!" She giggled.

"Is it workin'?"

"Hmm maybe."

He pulled her closer and snuggled his face into her neck. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and her legs around his waist. He hummed in contentment. Gently kissing her neck, she closed her eyes and started drifting back to sleep.

"Hey, Lee...gotta wake up."

She shivered as his lips tickled her neck.

"No...I wanna sleep."

Newt tried to get up, but she squeezed harder, making it impossible for him to get out of bed.

"And I wanna snuggle!"

He flopped down again, on top of her, with an omph.

"Well..."

He burried his face back into her neck and very aggressively kissed her, while he grabbed her ribs, making her let go and shreak because it tickled.

"No fair!" She yelped between giggles.

"Very."

She wiggled and squirmed. Newt backed off and jumped out of bed. She was breathing hard but smiled up at him. He smirked down at her, leaned over and just before his lips connected with hers he whispered.

"Ha. I win!"

And stop back up, with arms crossed and a smug look.

"Careful, Lover Boy, don't start something you know you can't win." She cooed, batting her eye lashes.