Chapter 8: Banishment

Evelyn ran the rest of the way to the MedHut, but by the time she had made it to the MedHut, she had tears sliding down her cheeks. Quickly wiping them away she pushed the door open. Jack and Nick were trying to get the bleeding under control. She rushed over, not bothering to hide her tears. 

"There you are! Where were you?" Jack yelled, more out of panic and frustration than anger. 

"Newt was drunk and wouldn't let go of me, George and him got into a fist fight, I tried." She explained quickly, grabbing more cloth to stop the bleeding. 

"Dammit!" Nick cursed.

Tim was already starting to convulse, he was coughing up blood. Henry didn't look much better. Both had huge wide gashes in their abdomen.   Evelyn knew if she didn't do something he would die. Her big green eyes looked up to Nick, and with out a word spoken he shook his head.

"No! Last time you nearly died!" 

"They're both going to if I don't!" 

"Do what?" Jack asked.

"I have ti Nick!" she cried, already rolling her sleeves up. She knelt down in between the beds placing a hand on each of them, and closed her eyes. 

"No! Evy! Don't!" He cried again. But it was too late, she was already forcing her healing powers into them. She could feel how close they were to bleeding out. She had to stop it. But she had two bodies to heal now, it was hard enough with one, when George was stabbed almost nine months ago. She left her body trembling with the effort, sweat slid down her face and her breathing was laboured.  Her hearing cut off as her hands got warmer. She tried to open her eyes but she couldn't tell if they were closed or open. Her vision was dark. Her head was spinning, her arms shaking, but she continued to force her healing into the boys. Her breathing was now in gasps. 

Her eyes fluttered open. There was sun shining on her face. She blinked a few times. Slowly on shaking arms she propped herself up onto her elbows. Slowly looking around. Sitting beside her on a wood chair was Nick. His glasses had slipped to the end of his nose. How did I get here? What happened? Why am I in bed? She looked around. Standing by the open window with his head hanging down was Jack. 

"Jack?" She asked quietly. 

She sat up, scootching to the end of the bed. Even that little movement was exhausting. The boy turned around, tears glistened in his eyes. 

"Hey, Ev, how are you feeling?" He asked, his voice was rough, he came over and sat on a chair. She could see the bags under his eyes.

"Exhausted. What happened?"

"Well...you have magic hands that glow, for one." 

She nodded, hanging her head, nervously playing with her hands. There was some commotion by the window and Hephaestus scurried down the wall and over to her onto her lap. 

"Nick was the only one who knew." 

He just nodded, looking at the lizard. He frowned. 

"Hey, that used to be a beetle blade." 

She just nodded. She was surprised more guys never noticed the change in the lizard. 

"Anyways, enough about me and Heph, what happened to Tim and Henry? Where are they?"

She was staring at the empty blood stained bed with dread. They weren't here. And there was no way they were healthy enough to get up and go back to their hammocks. 

"I'm sorry Evelyn. You tried! You did your best, you almost died trying! But...they didn't make it. They had lost too much blood already. Levi's knife hit too many vital organs."