Chapter 50: Voices in my Head

Theresa stood shyly beside Evelyn, as she introduced the guys. Who were all perfect gentlemen. Gally was a bit standoffish, but he was always like that with new people. After introductions were done, Nick took her on the tour. Minho couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Looks like we might have another couple in the Glade." Gally smirked, waking the back of Minho's head.

"Hey! Don't touch the hair shank!"

"What is it with you guys? You're more obsessesed with my love life than any others in the Glade! Now poor Tess is going to get it?" Evelyn cried, throwing her hands into the air. 

"Well there's not much else to do." Chuck shrugged. 

"So. What's going on with you two?" Sonny asked, and folded his arms, and turned to look at Evelyn and Newt, who were standing awfully close. 

Newt hung his head and took a deep breath. He looked back up and explained everything that he had told Evelyn in the shower. He was open and honest about it all. He finally turned to Thomas. 

"Tommy, I'm very sorry for everythin' I did, and everythin' I said. And everythin' I didn't say. I'm truly buggen' sorry for hurtin' you! I really am!" He said quietly. 

Thomas shrugged, "Wasn't your fault, man." 

"But I still did it. And I'm sorry." He turned to the rest of the guys, taking a shaking breath, his eyes filling with tears again. "Guys...I'm bloody sorry for bein' such a slint head the last week!" 

"Forgiven." Sonny rumbled.

Gally also nodded. 

"He's back!" Minho grinned, and slapped his back, he then narrowed his eyes and pointed a threatening finger at him,  "If ya do anything else though I'm locking you in the shucken slammer until those shucken creators leave ya alone." 

"Deal." 

"Did you apologize to Eve?" Sonny growled. 

"Yes Sonny. Thank you for caring. It's between me and Newt." She said sharply, indicating they needed to leave it and it was none of their business. Sonny eyed her up, but then nodded. 

_____________________________________

Supper was almost back to what it used to be. Teresa sat on the other side of Evelyn, beside Nick and Thomas. Evelyn was back beside Newt, He still kept his slight distance, but close enough that Evelyn's stomach fluttered nervously. 

"Okay, so what's happening tomorrow?" Thomas asked. 

"Well, Teresa will start on her job trials." 

"She can skip Bagger." Sonny rumbled. 

"Same with slicer...unless you like butchering little biggies?" Winston asked.

Teresa shook her head aggressively. 

"Didn't think so." He shrugged. 

"Fry? Can she start in the kitchen with you?" 

"She sure can, hey She Bean?" Fry smiled warmly at her, making Teressa's shoulders loosen a little. 

"Thomas and if Pixy is still coming, were going to do a more thorough search of section four." Minho said still shoveling food into his mouth. 

"Shucken right's I'm joining you!" She emphasized the different word, because Minho was starting to smirk, he still snickered because she changed the word knowing he was going to make a joke. She rolled her eyes with a small smirk.  "I told you I didn't swim in Griever Guts for nothing!"