Chapter 21: Quality Time

Evelyn slowly woke up. She felt a warmth beside her and instantly smiled. Newt had insisted she stay, he didn't like to hear her screams from nightmares and he wanted to be close to her, because he still couldn't get up and walk. He insisted she lay down too. She had tried to convince him she was okay in the chair, but he refused. With a small sparkle in his eye he pointed a finger at her and threatened to throw a temper tantrum if she didn't get buggen' arse into bed. She cracked a small and he smirked at her. In the end she fell asleep with her face snuggled into his neck, her hand over his heart, feeling it beating, and his arms wrapped around her.

She slowly blinked, the warm sun shone through the window. And she felt something gentle running up and down her back. She let out a small sleepy groan. And she heard a small chuckle.

"Good morning my Angel."

"Morning Love." She yawned as she stretched.

"Did ya sleep without buggen' nightmares?"

She just hummed. He gently kissed her head.

"Good."

"I don't wanna get up." She complained.

"Do ya have ta'?" He whined. "It's actually kinda bloody borin' in the bed." Newt whinned.

Evelyn shifted so she was laying on her stomach, and propped herself up into her elbows, resting her chin on her hand.

"Well, it depends on how busy Jeffy and I are and if it's butchering day...slicers are quite clumsy and the builders...well, not a whole lot going on upstairs, so they frequent the Hut. But I could probably hang out...if you actually want company now?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

He sighed, and rubbed a hand down his face.

"Yeah, I guess that's my buggen' bad, kept kicken' ya guys out." He sighed, "sorry." He said sheepishly. "If you can...I'd love to have you close."

"I'm sure it could be arranged." She smiled sleepily at him.

"Hey...could you do me a favor?" He asked, slowly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She raised her eyebrows.

"Can you please...please bring me some coffee?"

"I'm sure I could do that. What about Fry's breakfast?"

"Please." He smiled at her, making his eyes squint and her heart flutter.

She grinned. Slowly getting up, she quickly kissed him before straightening up.

"Imma go shower quick first and then I'll bring us breakfast. Deal?"

"Sounds wonderful." He smiled at her.

She rushed out of the room and out to her hut, grabbing some clean clothes and rushed to the shower. She washed her hair and ran a razer over herself, scrubbing everything clean. Turning the shower off she pulled the white sun dress on, towel drying her hair she braided her hair in a thick loose golden braid over her shoulder. Pulling her beat up white covers sneakers on and she skipped out of the shower and over to Frypan.

"Good morning lil lady!" Frypan beamed at her, "you have a glow to you!"

She just smiled, a small blush flushed her cheeks, her green eyes sparkling.

"Two please."

"Two eh?"

She nodded.

"Oh and two coffees."

Frypan raised a questioning eyebrow at her, but never actually asked anything. He got two plates of breakfast and two coffees, placing it all on a tray, he passed it over to her.