Chapter 32: Follow the Flame

🌶️🔥spicy spice hot tamale kissy scene at the end🔥🌶️

🌶️YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED CHILDREN!🌶️

Evelyn was kept busy all afternoon. The Greenie came up in a full panic attack, making himself pass out. Newt and Nick were very sweet and gentle with the kid. But baby blue eyes and white blind hair, the kid looked too innocent for the horrors of The Glade. Evelyn felt so sorry for the boy. He took a liking to Newt and Evelyn. He looked innocent, but once he had settled down, kid was smart as a whip.

Gally's guys showed up in the late afternoon, the took the extra bed from the corner and brought in their new shelf. It fit perfectly, they nailed it to the wall, so it wouldn't fall. Sometimes the Builders rushed their work and it was a little sloppy or crooked, but when ever it came to the MedHut and Evelyn, they always took extra care and everything was straight even and fit like a glove in the Hut. Jeff had hulled their supplies from the Box into the hut and Evelyn took her time putting the supplies away, organizing and tidying up. She heard the Fire starting, with no real intention of going, she shoed Jeff and Clint out. Well she tried. 

"Eve, come on! Please?" Clint begged. 

"I'd rather finish cleaning up!" 

"It will still be there tomorrow. You need a break too! You were wicked sick this morning and worked your butt off!" Clint pointed out. He stood with his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed at her. 

"You're not going to leave it are you?" 

"Nope." Clint popped his p, and grinned at her. 

"You know I don't really like them..." She tried another tactic to get out of it. 

"Evelyn! There are people who like to hang out with you! Now get your shanky little butt out of this MedHut!" He demanded. 

She groaned as she tilted her head back to look at the ceiling. Running a hand threw her tangles. 

"The things I shucken do for you!" She muttered. 

"Good! Now go change!" He grinned at her, holding the door open for her. 

"Why? My scrubby clothes aren't good enough for these guys who so desperately need to see me tonight?" She asked, sweeping a hand over herself, and raised an eyebrow at Clint. 

"It's fine. But you're still kinda covered in blood." 

"What, bodily fluid isn't what we wear to parties?" 

"It's fine for MedJack parties...but you know how some guys get at the sight of blood..." Clint chuckled. 

"Fiiiiiiiiine! You guys are so demanding! Sheeish!" 

He waved her out the door. She could see the big bonfire and hear the loud whooping and laughing. Sighing she stepped over to her hut. 

"See ya in a bit!" Clint grinned at her with a wave.

Pushing the door open she frowned. The room had been cleaned. Everything had been picked up and put away, fresh flowers in a clay jar on the table, the bed was made and sitting laid out on the bed was one of her dresses, her sneakers- that looked like someone scrubbed them clean of the blood and mud that was always on them. A daisy was sitting beside a little note. Curious she picked it up. 

Put this on. Grab your bag and wait by your Garden.

Curious what the heck was going on she re read the note. It looked like Newt's writing, but more loopy. She quickly brushed her hair, glad she shaved this morning in the shower Newt forced her to take. She did as the note said, grabbing her journal, she slid the note and daisy inside to press it. Grabbing her bag off the hook slipping it into her bag she left for the Garden.