Chapter 49: The Girl

Another scream, not as loud or urgent, it sounded angry. Evelyn hastily put the tea and letter down and tried to scrambled out of bed, she was tangled in the blanket and the dress she was wearing. She finally unraveled and slipping her sneakers on and went to grab her bag, before remembering she had lost it in the maze. However hanging on the hook was another one, she recognized it as the one Newt usually used, but there was another fresh daisy and a note. 

I know you lost yours. 

Opening it up it was already packed with emergency medical supplies, some of her extra jars of her pasts and creams. One of her journals and pencils, and a water bottle. Her eyes stung with tears, it did seem like her thoughtful kind and gentle Newt was back. Her suspicions of what the Creators could do to them rose. She was believing Newt more and more.

With that happy thought swirling in her head she grabbed the bag and dashed out the door. Still slightly disoriented she stopped and spun around trying to understand what was going on. Frowning, her spinning slowed down, she had no idea what was going on. She spotted Thomas and Minho jogging from the Map Room.

"Thomas! Minho!" She called.

They slowed to a stop.

"What's going on? The screaming?"

"Clint came crashing into the Map Room, looking for you, and Thomas, said the girl was awake...and uhh she's not very happy."

"Ahh." Evelyn nodded. 

Excitement and nervousness swirled around in her. She internally groaned. So many shucken emotions in the last few days. She ran a hand through her hair, she didn't have a chance to brush it. She showered and promptly fell asleep in Newt's arms. She fell into step beside the guys, heading towards what appeared a large crowd of Gladers at the base of the Tree Lookout.

"Pixy?"

She snapped her head up. "Huh? What? Yeah.. yep! Totally listening."

Minho raised an eyebrow at her. She rolled her eyes and shrugged. Shoving her hands into the pockets of the hoodie she was wearing.

"I asked what happened to you, said you were going for a shower and then you disappeared for like two hours!" Thomas said, "we were gonna go over what's gonna happen tomorrow!"

"Also...interesting outfit. Never seen this... combination." Minho nodded at her, hooking his thumbs into his runners vest and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh. Ummm yeah, well I went to shower...had some kind of mental breakdown-PTSD-panic attack thing, Newt broke the door down, helped bring me out of it. He grabbed me clothes 'cause apparently I didn't bring any and I feel asleep,  who knew that kinda of physical and mental breakdown took so much out of you. Then woke up to screaming and here we are."

Both guys had stopped walking and were looking at her. 

"I have a lot of questions." Minho said.

"Same." Thomas agreed.

"Shank, you always have questions!" Evelyn rolled her eyes. Thomas pouted with a small huff and a roll of his eyes.

"First...Newt?" Minho asked.

She sighed and nodded. "He was walking past and heard me screaming, and broke the shucken door."

"...but...Newt?" Minho repeated.

She closed her eyes, trying to sort out her swirling thoughts. Running a hand through her hair again, then nodded. Quickly explaining what he had said about the blank spots in his memory.