Chapter 17: Found & Awake

Sonny and Minho sat with Evelyn for a long time.

"You should go tell Alby and Nick we found her." Minho said.

Sonny got up and left, stomping through the forest. Minho continued to hold Evelyn and she cried. She eventually exhausted herself and her overexcited body fell into a deep sleep. Minho picked her up and carried her back to her hut where he met with Nick and Sonny.

"She's okay, just exhausted."

Nick exhaled in relief. And came into her cabin with Minho and laid her down in the bed. Nick pulled the blanket up and they both stood at the side of her bed. She shifted so she curled up on her side with a small whimper, looking very much like a small child. Nick gestured with his head and they left the Hut.

"What happened?" Nick asked, Sonny just said you found her.

"She was uhh.."

Nick folded his arms and narrowed his eyes.

"Crying in the Deadheads."

"Shucken hell." He muttered, running a hand through his hair. With a long groan he closed his eyes and tilted his head back.

"Can I tell ya something Min?"

He didn't wait for an answer, "I hate being a leader. Like seriously I hate it."

He sighed again, "you two made up?'

Minho nodded.

"Good."

"I gotta go run. Watch her closely."

______________________

She slept the whole day and straight through the night. When she finally woke up the doors were rumbling open. She lay in her bed for a moment, just collecting her thoughts. Finally with a groan she rolled out of bed. She grabbed some of her things. And stood staring at the trunk of clothes then with a shrug she grabbed something. And made her way to the showers.

She actually took her time, washing her hair scrubbing everything out, all the grim and sweat and anything else that was in there. She ran a razer over herself quick and soaped her self up. Taking her time and focusing on her physical health made her feel better. Her heart was still heavy and she felt the cold emptiness, but she felt a little more human. She turned the shower off and dried herself off and wrapped her hair in a towel while she changed into something she hardly ever wore. It was sent up in one of the boxes for her in the very beginning.

It was a simple white cotton sun dress, and throwing her sneakers on, she ran a brush through her long golden hair. Letting it air dry, it would become slightly wavy. She threw her brown leather bag over her shoulder, and she took a deep steadying breath. She felt almost like herself.

Pushing the door open, the rising sun warmed her face. And her stomach rumbled. She dropped the towel into the basket and made her way to the kitchen.

"Evelyn!" Fry's big loud voice echoed through the kitchen.

She actually let a small smile play in her lips.

"Don't you look lovely today!" He smiled at her so warmly it made her heavy heart lighten slightly.

"Thank you Fry, that's sweet." Her voice was still thin and fragile.

With a big smile making his eyes sparkle he handed her a big stack of fluffy pancakes and bacon with fresh strawberries and a big mug of coffee.

She walked to her regular table and shyly sat down. Heads turned and all of their faces lighting up.

"Pixy!" Minho grinned bounding over like a big puppy dog. He grabbed her hands and pulled her from her seat and spun her around making her dress twirl around her knees.