chapter 24: The Box

🌶️*Spicy scene to kick off this chapter*🌶️

Evelyn woke up to the sound of gentle thumping. She smiled. Her head was pressed against Newt's chest and it was his steady heart beat that gently woke her up. She loved the sound of it. It reminded her of how fragile life is and it could easily be taken, but he was here beside her and doing better emotionally and mentally.

She closed her eyes again and ran her fingers over his bare chest and down his side, absentmindedly feeling the muscle he still had from being a Runner. Listening to his steady heart and rhythmic breathing. She took a deep breath burying her face in his chest; he smelt so good. An overwhelming surge of heat, butterflies and tingles exploded in her. She gently pressed her lips to his skin.

She heard a quiet hmm. Slowly doing it again she picked her head up, she met sleepy melted chocolate brown eyes gazing down at her.

"Good morning to you too, Love."

His voice was still slurred and husky from sleep. It made the feeling inside her increase. She hummed softly and kissed kis chest.

"Morning." She murmured.

His eyes cleared quickly from sleep. Instead they filled with interest and desire.

"This is one way to wake up."

He untangled a hand from the blanket and brushed the hair out of her face and then tangled into her hair at the back of her head.

"I'm sorry I woke you, I didn't mean to." She apologized.

"If this is how I get ta wake up, please do so anytime." His voice was still husky, and his eyes sparkled.

"Hmm, like this?" She whispered.

She slowly slid a leg up his, so it was bent and draped over his hips. His hand slid up her leg and came to rest on her bare thigh. She glanced up at him, looking for reassurance. He gave her a small smile. His other hand slid from her hair and down to her other hip. He shifted under her as he pushed her up. So now she was on top of him.

"I don't want to hurt you again." She whispered nervously.

His breathing was coming faster, and she could feel his heart beat picking up. "You won't."

"Are you sure?" She bit her lip nervously, pushing herself up, to sit. His eyes went wide for a second.

"Yes Love." His voice came out slightly strangled for a second. "I'll let you know if you do. Promise." His voice had dropped, and she heard a little bit of a growl and whine.

He was no longer sleepy, but wide awake and alert. His hands slid up and down her bare leg, making her breakout in goosebumps. And her stomach to rollercoaster. Evelyn's hands cautiously slid back up his chest, and she gently pressed her lips to his chest again. Using way more hip than necessary to shift from sitting on his lap to laying on top. Making Newt's eyes shoot open and his breath hitch. His hands gripping her hips tightly he pulled her down into himself and he shifted. Newt growled deep in his chest while Evelyn whimpered.

He slid his hand up and under her shirt running his fingers over her bare skin. Evelyn left a trail of soft kisses up his chest and up his neck. His lips were parted, panting slightly. His breath fanned her hair, making it flutter. Evelyn still was mostly propped up and supported on her knees and elbows, keeping some space between their bodies. But when she kissed a certain spot, he threw his head back with a moan. Grabbing her hips again, and holding them tight, she felt his fingers dig in. She gently sucked on the same spot, making him throw his head back, and pull her hips down while he arched his back into her.