May, June, then July

***

I stood there, the light flashing in my eyes as thoughts flickered through my blank mind. I felt a surge of anxiety pulse through me. All of the people, being in between two of the most dangerous men in the general population of California, being photographed as I stood bloody and shirtless, in only torn sweats and a sports bra. Stacey got me good, my face was basically completely swollen, my torso bruised and cut up. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to shelter my wounds from the cameras that were clicking so obnoxiously in our faces. I grimaced at the feeling of being pressed to Bills side, and one of Tom's large, unpredictable hands on my hip. I glanced up through my frayed hair and moist eyelashes to Bill, watching as he soaked up all of the praise. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my feet, he was such an attention whore.

"Oh lighten up, Angie." I felt Bill as he perked down, whispering down Into my ear. His hand wandered from his side, across my back, and to the other side of my waist right above Toms.

"Lighten up?" I grit my teeth. "I'll lighten up when I'm safe at home."

Our conversation was quiet, only me and him could hear. Not even Tom who was only inches away, the crowd and cameras were too loud. He pulled me harder against him, making me stumble a bit.

"You'll never be safe, Angelina." He hissed, still smiling for the pictures.

His fingers dug into my waist, surely cutting the exposed skin with his lengthy nails. I bit my tongue, trying my best to shrug him off. My aggravated movements just made them grip me tighter, and Bill finally pulled me away from the cameras. He dragged me quick, pulling Toms hand from my hip as I struggled to keep pace behind him. We were secluded from the crowd enough now, the roar of the people growing faint in the distance. He abruptly stopped, shoving me against the jagged wall.

"Shit!" I groaned as the skin on my arm caught the walls sharp teeth. "What the hell?" I snapped, grabbing my arm as I felt the sticky blood oozing from under my torn skin.

"The fuck was that? You trying to make me look bad?" He snapped, his hands quickly finding the nape of my neck. "Trying to get away mid photo? Huh? You little bitch." He spit on the ground, his eyes enraged.

My heart accelerated, the temperature in his hands chilling me through skin, to my bone.

"The hell do you mean?" I paused, aghast. "You ruined your own reputation, you kidding? Nobody's gonna bat a fucking eye at you being with another rando woman, not after all you've supposedly done!" I quickly reminded, my voice hushed and rapid.

He closed his mouth, and looked away. His eyes were thoughtful as his hand slightly loosened around the back of my neck.

"You've got a point." He admitted, his voice slightly less cold. He dropped his hand from my neck, and wrapped it around my wrist instead.

"What're you doing?" I grumbled, slightly pulling myself away.

He yanked my hand back to his side with a roll of his deep brown eyes.

"Just holding your hand." He snapped, putting his fingers around mine aggressively.

My hand grew white under his string grip, my circulation slowly being cut off. He used his free hand to pull a cigarette and  a lighter from his pocket, and used one on his fingers to put the lighter in my hand.

"Light it, please?" He said, maliciously. His question was more of a strict demand, and I knew if I tried to burn him or something he would just torment me.

Instinctively, almost forgetting who I was lighting the cigarette for, I gently flicked the flint and steal and angled it under the tip of paper and tobacco. Under the gleaming red glow, his milky fingers looked almost luminous. His silver rings sparkled, as well as the gloss black polish on his sharp nails. I snapped back to reality as he snatched the lighter, and put it back Into his pocket. He quickly put it in his mouth, and exhaled. I looked up, fanning the smoke from my face with my free hand. I looked up at him, putting my hand back at my hip as I glanced down at my other hand being squeezed in his.

"Want one?" He purred, smugly smiling down at me. His eyes were slim and dark, completely smoked out with black shadow. I could see his piercings in the subtle glow of the alley, the same shiny white color as his teeth.

"I'm okay." I whispered, my voice barely audible. I wasn't one for smoking, and definitely not around him. I was smart enough not to expose myself to nicotine of alcohol around people like him, I didn't want to get myself in anymore trouble.

"Oh relax, just take a hit. Not a big deal." He demanded, his voice muffled slightly as his hand was wrapped around the roll of paper and leaves. The cigarette moved on his lip as he talked, smoke coming out of his nose. It looked extremely unappetizing to me, almost disgusting.

I shook my head, and put a protective hand up.

"Seriously, I'm fine." I said, a bit more irritated.

He scoffed, and threw my hand down. Before I could react, he grabbed the size of my face and shoved me against the jagged wall in a way where I couldn't move. I put my hands up just in time, trapping them under his chest. He pulled the cigarette out of his mouth, and spun it around in his fingers.

"Put it in your fucking mouth or I'll put it out on that pretty face of yours." He growled, his teeth gritted as he shook ashes off onto my bottom lip.

I parted my lips, looking from the twinkle of the cigarette to his masochistic eyes. He smiled, and spun it back around. He put the roll in my mouth, and shut my gaping lips with his silver fingers.

"Good, Good. Now breathe in through your mouth.." he Instructed, pressing his fingers against the tip of my spine until it hurt to make sure I did what he said. "Now out through your nose."

I snorted out, and squeezed my watering eyes shut as it stung the raw skin in my throat. I coughed, and he took it out with a laugh. I opened my tearing eyes as he put it back in his mouth, and brushed his fingers over the ripped up skin on my arm.

It was only a cigarette, but I felt so violated. I couldn't explain it. I knew it was May, but I wasn't sure the date. How long could this last, May, June then July? Lord save my poor soul. I wiped the tears from my cheek, they were a mixture of fear, and smoke Induced salt water. He looked at me, up and down a few times. He smiled, his eyes telling stories his mouth wouldn't.

"Come here."

***