Just Don't Say No

***

As i sat in the private lounge with Katie, Katty, and Kandy, I didn't know how to feel. I felt alive, but I hadn't felt any more dead in a long time. I felt a strange pain in my chest, but it wasn't the tingling feeling of heroin. It felt like something was squeezing my heart, trying to tear it out. I felt sad, and I didn't really feel like I had an excuse to. The events I faced and conquered recently in the past are nothing like the things others have gone through, so I see no reason to have this pain in my heart. However, the pain lightened around other women. Particularly, these three. I'm not sure why, but it could possibly be because they were other... other 'victims'. Perhaps a different type of victim, but they still wound up being used at the hands of Bill. I shrugged at my own thoughts, and sat up from the arm of the warm, Smokey-smelling sofa. I hadn't any idea where Bill had gone, the doors were shut and we were alone. I looked at the handle, pondering on whether I should try to open it or not.

"Don't even try, it's always locked." Katty insisted. Her hand still rested on my knee as she spoke to me, glancing from me to the locked door.

"Mhm.. can't get out even if it weren't locked." Katie replied, agreeing with Katty.

"They're just a bunch of bitchass pussies with guns." Kandy scoffed, crossing her arms.

I let myself giggle. My core vibrated as the fevering shockwave rang through me. My smile rested, it was really nice having people to joke with. Even in morbid situations.

"Kandy, shut the fuck up!" Katty snapped. "If they don't kill you, I will!" She put a finger over her mouth.

"What's the matter?" I asked, a little puzzled. My smile remained, I adored talking with people whom I relate to.

"Cameras... Fucking stalkers." Katie rolled her eyes, and smiled at me.

I smiled wider, my internal meltdown beginning to deafen.

"I mean... maybe if Bill weren't a psycho and not a man I'd fuck him." Katty giggled.

"Lesbian ass." Kandy joked as she shoved her arm.

Katie laughed, and I looked at them a little shocked at how they so easily threw Insults at eachother. It was funny, though.

"Oh relax, Angelina. Lighten up." Katie squeezed my shoulder and laughed. "It's all jokes here."

Kandy interrupted her. "Just jokes until you're on a meat hook." She muttered, twirling a vibrant red highlight in her hair with her pinky finger.

My smiled faded, almost instantly. "Meat hook?" I repeated, aghast.

"Katie didn't tell you what happened to the other girl?" Katty said, annoyed as she looked at Katie.

"I didn't want to scare her!" Katie put her arms up defensively.

"That was the fucking point, Katie! Scare her away!" Kandy yelled, throwing her hands in the air as she exclaimed in annoyance.

"What happened with the god damn meat hook!" I yelled, my head buzzing.

They stopped talking, and looked at Katie.

"You tell her, Kait. It was your job anyways!" Katty grumbled, balling up her fist and hitting her arm. "You cunt."

Katie groaned, and covered her face with her hands. I looked back at her, my eyes widened with thought.

"This girl... just some rando girl." She started, slamming her hands down on her bare thighs.

"What about her?" I asked, my breath caught in my throat as I jerked to sit up straight. I shook her hands off of my shoulders, and looked at her with my eyebrows slightly raised.

"Go on, you're practically edging her with your response." Kandy remarked.

Katty held her mouth, and restrained a loud laugh in her mouth. Katie scoffed and rolled her eyes and toyed with her thumbs.

"Well, he didn't like her, he just needed another distraction I guess." She paused, biting her top lip. "It was only like a month ago I guess.." She trailed off.

"Go onnn.." Katty urged, waving her hands in a circular motion towards Katie.

"God Katie I'll just teller!" Kandy groaned.

She grabbed my shoulders and turned me to her, her expression annoyed.

"A basic white bitch got snatched on the street as some sex worker for Bill, and apparently she said 'No', one too many times and he got fed up." She went on.

"And the meat hooks...?" I pondered.

I felt Katty twirl my one of the curls in my hair with her small finger, and Katie's hand on my shoulder as Kandy explained the story to me.

"So, he like.. put a screwdriver in her throat, and then cut an incision down her spine. Then I guess he pulled her ribs out from the back, and hung her on a meat hook by her exposed bone." She shrugged, and tapped one of her fingers on her lips to fix her lipstick.

"And then I think he sold her body somewhere." She finished, looking at me.

"And you're not.. phased by this?" I asked the room.

"No not really, she was an asshole." Katty said as she toyed with my hair.

"Oh yeah, she was a cunt." Kandy said, picking at her long, black nails.

"Huh." I whispered, soaking it all in. I was trying to comprehend the fact that a man like Bill was capable of something as disgusting as that. I felt special that I ended up drugged and abused instead of ribless and on a meat hook. I sniffed.

"So what.. should I say fucking... nein instead of no? God damn." I sniffed.

They giggled, and shoved me around. I laughed with them, our laughter easily broke down the wall of gore we built.

"Move whore." Kandy shoved Katty off of me, and sat down on my shins.

"Whore and proud!" Katty giggled as she fell to the floor. "I worked in a sex shop before I was here, Adam and Eve's to be exact."

Katie laughed. "You make being a whore your whole personality." She commented as she braided my hair.

"If I weren't a whore I wouldn't have a personality, cunt." Katty said, her tone mocking.

I giggled as Katie touched my neck, finishing the braid.

"Ang, all jokes aside..." Kandy started.

I looked at her, already knowing what she was going to say.

"This is horrible but.. seriously. Unless you want to end up in an angel trap or on a meat hook..." she took a deep, painful breath.

"Don't run away." Katty added, trickling her fingers down my shoulder.

Katie whispered. "And don't say no."

I swallowed, looking down as my throat grew tight. I couldn't choke words out, I just nodded.

"It'll all be okay if you don't say no." Kandy choked. "Better than it would be if you did."

Katie rubbed my back, consoling me.

"I'm sorry, Angie. I really am."

***