Liar Liar

***

(Toms POV)

Dawn hit only mere hours later. I smiled, they should've been leaving just about now. I peered over at the clock on my wall, Bill would be up soon, hopefully before Angelina was. Right on cue, the front door slammed shut. They wouldn't make it 15 miles, maybe not even 10- saving me just enough time to get into Angelina's locked mind. If Bill could, so could I. Fuck, if it weren't for me he would've never found her. It was my idea to stop at the gas station that night, and there she was alone in the bathroom. If I hadn't convinced him to pull in there, he wouldn't have his little Barbie doll.

Thud, thud, thud.

His boots charged down the hall. I heard him grunt as he ripped my door open, his thick eyebrows furrowed over his narrow eyes, and a dark sweater pulled over his messy locks. He hastily whispered to me, "Wo zum Teufel sind die Mädchen hin?"
[Where the hell did the girls go?]

I pretended to stir awake, trying my best to not give myself away with the smile begging to be let out from behind my teeth.

„Was? Angelina und die anderen beiden sind weg?"
[What? Angelina and the other two are gone?"]
I asked, my eyebrows easing upwards as I spoke with fry in my voice, pretending to be startled awake.

„Nein, nein. Ich bin sicher, Angelina schläft immer noch fest, aber Katie und Kandy- sie sind weg".
[No, no. I'm sure Angelina is still sound asleep, but Katie and Kandy- they're gone.]

I widened my eyes, slightly parting my lips as if I were frustrated. I rolled out of my bed and brushed myself off, straightening out my clothing. Bill wouldn't want Angelina to come, because he's already fallen for her. He wouldn't want her to watch him track down, and potentially kill the only two girls who've probably kept her from taking her own life. Deep down Bill knew if he took the girls away from her, he would only be ripping apart the fragile bond he's formed with her.

„Lass uns gehen."
[Lets go.]

„Nein, nein."
[No, no.]

Bill murmured, holding one of his long hands against my chest. He looked to the ground, and slightly shook his head. I smiled faintly, licking the excitement from my lips.

„Angelina muss bleiben."
[Angelina must stay.]

He muttered, his hand falling to his side. He glanced up at me, my smile dropping quicker than it ever had. Not just so he wouldn't see me quietly gloating in triumph, but I saw the little fragments of pain and disappointment in his eyes. I didn't think me making him do this would actually affect him, but perhaps it seriously pained him to hurt Angelina like this. Not that it had ever stopped him before.

"Tschüss..!"
[Goodbye..!]

I called, my hand slipping into my pocket.

"Ciao."
[Bye.]

He uttered back from my doorway as he turned around.

I nodded as he walked out of my room, a part of me wanted to stop him so he could stay with Angelina himself. But.. surprisingly I didn't want Angelina to get physically hurt either. Maybe if he hurt the other two girls, it would stop him from snapping on her. Hell, maybe he wouldn't even hurt ginger and her little friend. Really all I knew about those two was the fact that he snatched red head from the back of a club where she was waiting tables, and he picked up the little brunette, Kandy I thought it was, from the street after she'd been kicked from foster care when she turned legal- maybe a tad older. He made us know that about them, it's like if we use them it's required to know where he got them from.