Change or Brain Rot?

***

I stood there for a moment after Tom parted from me, debating whether I should exit or not. Sure enough as I thought about it, my stomach snarled. I wrapped my arms around where the noise was coming from, and groaned.

"Fuck." I whispered. I was too embarrassed to ask for food, but I didn't want to starve. My bones still tingled from the drugs, and I still felt the longing feeling- wanting more. Maybe food would distract from that.

I stepped around the couch, peaking out into the hallway. A door a few meters to my left was open, and I heard the electric buzz of a television. I stepped out, slowly treading over to the noise- hoping to find anyone but Bill. Tom said he had left.. I decided to trust that. I stepped in, and was strangely relieved at the sight of the back of Toms head. I slightly smiled as I quietly walked over to him. He changed his clothes, now he was just in a plain white shirt and basketball shorts. He still had his wrap around headband on, though. I approached him from the side, watching him as he relaxed on the couch. There were a lot of rooms in this building, I didn't even know where were. But I was really only focusing on food right now. He glanced over, and paused the movie.

I stood up straighter, looking at the T.V.

"What're you watching?" I quietly asked, rubbing my hands together. It was cold in here.

"The Labyrinth.." he paused to look at me. "Do you want to sit down?" He asked, his voice low and hushed.

I nodded, and gently sat next to him. I sat further away, though.

"You look cold.. here." He turned, and grabbed a blanket from the floor.

He handed it to me, his thumb rubbing on mine as I took it from him. "Thank you." I smiled quietly as I wrapped it around myself.

"Want some?" He asked.

I looked over at the bowl of chips in his lap, and up into his inviting eyes. I hesitated as I reached out, his eyes went from soft to concerned.

"They.. they're not fused with anything." He let out a small laugh. "I promise."

I leaned back, relaxing the tightness in my muscle. I let myself smile a bit, and take a corn. I was still cautious, but I didn't want to be alone.. and I was hungry. I tried to ignore who I was with, and erase the fear that still consumed me as I watched the movie. I struggled to sedate myself, I couldn't keep from occasionally glancing over to Tom. The music meant to be so happy was only a static, brown noise in my empty mind. I stomach grew sore thinking about it, I didn't have an appetite anymore. Through my eyelashes I looked at him, and he was already gazing at me half way.

"What?" He asked, defensive as he completely turn his head towards me.

I shook my head and leaned away, trying to calm the nerve. "Nothing." I silently said.

"Hm." He said, slightly nodding as he looked down at me. He was completely still, the former coldness in his eyes drifting back into our presence. 

I twitched my thumbs as I felt his stare burn into the side of my face, my knees tight as I contemplated leaving.

"Don't go." He demanded, quickly taking my wrist in his large hand like he knew.

I looked over at him, my inner eyebrows raising as did my pulse.

"I know I'm no better than Bill, but stay." He said.

"No, I should go." I said, trying to pull my wrist away.

He clenched his jaw, and yanked my wrist over to him to the point where his braids slightly flew. I gasped a bit, my mind jumping to horrid conclusions almost immediately.