Fair Game

***

I sat up. I hadn't known how much time had past of me sulking into the table, but I wasn't hungry anymore. The boys were gone, it was just me. I partially smiled. It was sweet how Tom cared for me, how he tried to feed me. How he told me about Katie, how she was a fake. However, my ear twitched as i remembered what he had said.

"Connected."

How? Everything these men said meant something, whether it was twisted, a lie, or the truth. Lukas, my old apartment manager. He was in the video with Bill, Tom and that little girl- Lukas being the one who encouraged them to kill. He talked to Tom in the lobby the night before Bill found my room, they all knew eachother.

It began to click.

Lukas helped them find my room after Bill decided he wanted to snatch me like he did the other girls. I tapped my foot, thinking how else they could've found me. I raised my eyebrows as my core began to tighten. Oh lord.. Stacey. I watched Lukas and Stacey as they talked that one morning, Stacey was the apartment owner. I remember them looking at me, asking if I was the new resident. He asked me my name, everything. Everything they needed to know I was the one Bill wanted to take. It was Bill who did that to me, wasn't it? Bill hired Stacey to find me, somehow get me vulnerable. And boy.. did he do just that. Beat me bloody, got in my pants. Bill conveniently showed up, and was my knight in shining armor. If he didn't set it up, how else would he have known I needed help in the very moment?

It was all just a game to them. If all that was planned, what else had they planned for me? For the girls? For eachother?

Maybe Tom was a liar, feeding me false information. I stood up, where was that son of a bitch?

I stalked to the room they were watching me from a few minutes ago, only to see Tom laying across his couch.

"Tom." I said, my voice shaking.

"Hm?" He replied.

"Tell me." I huffed.

He looked at me, like he knew. Like he knew I knew.

"Tell you what, Angie?" He perked up.

"Wheres Bill?" I asked, tears of anger threatening to spill over my bottom lashes.

He nodded to the door behind him. I stormed through it, making direct eye contact as he looked at me immediately.

"Angie?" His voice softened out.

"Don't call me that." I spat. "I know what you did, i know it was just a game for you. Stacey, Lukas.. you conveniently showing up to be my superman the night he touched me."

He stiffened up. "He wasn't supposed to try to rape you." His teeth gritted.

"So you admit it?" I began to raise my voice.

He stayed silent for a moment before standing up. "Smart girl."

I stepped away from him to the side so I wasn't cornered.

"Why?" I breathed, furrowing my eyebrows and tilting my head to the side.

"Call it playing with your food." He whispered, looking up at me.

"If you wanted me, why not just take me? Why torment me?" My lip curled back slightly, my voice hoarse.

"Whats the fun if I don't?" He mumbled, growing closer to me.

"You're crazy." I breathed, sill backing away.

"Only for you." His hand found my wrist quickly, catching my breath in my throat.

"Stop lying to me." I choked out to him, avoiding his eyes desperately. He just fed me what I wanted to hear.

"Why would I lie to you?" He murmured, his voice growing rash.

I looked up at him, my hands tightening by my sides. "You've been a liar this whole time." I tried to breath. "Everywhere I go, I see your face. Whether it's in my nightmares, or reality."

"Angelina," he started.

"You're like the son of Sam." I huffed, aggressively interrupting him.

He smiled slightly, like he liked what I said. His steps echoed through what seemed like a seamlessly empty room. He neared me, light on his toes with his hands towards me just barely reaching out.

"Why do you like this so much?" I spoke through gritted teeth. "Haunting people."

He shrugged, looking around me. "I don't do this to everyone."

"How much of a liar are you?" I snapped. "Tom said-"

"Tom said?" Bill interrupted me, staring at me through his hauntingly narrowed eyes.

I closed my mouth, tight.

"What did he say to you?" His voice grew quieter. "Tell me."

I pursed my lips, looking away from him. "He said you play with all of your victims like this."

"And?" His voice sounded encouraging, strangely.

"And you'll just get rid of me once you're bored, you don't care about what happens to me. That I'm a chore." I muttered, lost in thought. I looked at him, my face bland with nothing but rage as I spoke to him.

"Oh?" He whispered, after a moment backing away from me and slowly out the door. Leaving me, completely alone.

I scaled down the wall, hitting the ground. I leaned my head to the side, looking around me as I thought. He just left, no word whatsoever. Tom was right, I was just blind. Everything about Bill should've repelled me, disgusted me. But, it just drew me in even more. He was toxic, like radioactive waste- or high voltage power strips wrapped around my throat as I was drowned in acid.

Maybe it was the way he talked to me, or kissed me. He always left gasping, and my heart on the floor pulsating out of control. He truly made me feel special in a twisted way, in a twisted, romantic way. The way he was grossly possessive, the way he stalked me like I was the only woman left on earth. It should've made me sick. But, I only felt sick when I wasn't around him. He made me feel like I was insane; I wanted to go, I wanted to go far far away. I never wanted to see him again. However, I also wanted him to hold me, to talk to me. I was dying to share a bed with him again, to wake up to him getting ready for his day. For him to always look at me like he did each time he saw me. I told myself I didn't feel anything for him, and I tried to mean it. But I couldn't. I was just lying to myself like I had been this whole time.

"What the hell Ang." I whispered, nailing my head into the palms of my hands. "You know nothing about him." I let tears spill from my eyes and onto the fragile skin of my raw hands.

I had to be honest with myself. The only things I knew about him was that he was older than me, an experienced murderer, and apparently an amazing actor. You would think he really cared about me, but no. I was just another doll.
I leaned my head back against the wall, ready for it to be over.

"Angelina?" Her voice startled me.

I looked up, surprised to see Kandy out of anybody.

"Hey," I murmured, trying to stand up.

She extended her hand, pulling me up beside her.

"Are you alright?" I asked, my eyebrows raising.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay. I came in here to check on you." She uttered, twirling the end of one of her dark braids around her slim, tattooed fingers. She looked away from me, furrowing her eyebrows a little bit.

"Oh I'm fine. But seriously, do you need anything? Do you want to talk?" I outstretched my hand, resting it on her tan shoulder.

She sighed, looking back up at me. "Yeah, actually."

I nodded, smiling a bit as we slowly moved across the room to the pair of small chairs in the corner.

***