Who's there?

***

It was that feeling as if I were falling, or sinking into nothingness as I slept. At the moment, it felt like someone had pushed me into a pool of lukewarm water. I was sweating, and I could feel as it beaded up on my chilly skin. The pressure in the room changed, and I could feel change even from my sleep. I couldn't move, though. I was trapped under my blankets, in a slumber that couldn't be disturbed until morning.

(... POV)

I watched her as she slept. She was so... so soundly when you couldn't see the emotion in her eyes. The way she was so peaceful as she rested in this locked room, it was almost pure. I licked my lips looking at her, slowly approaching as the floor creaked under my quiet feet. My rising feelings for her couldn't be known, I couldn't be caught. I felt guilt in my heart for what I helped put her through, knowing it was a fraction my fault brought a tear to my eye. I wiped my nose, then a stray tear from my eyelashes as I looked down at her on the small, shriveled mattress provided. She was wrapped up in the blankets, trapped in heat as she sweat her way to comfort.

"You're so beautiful." I whispered, gently lowering one of my hands to twirl a blonde curl covering her face.

Her nose twitched. She was so responsive, even unconsciously. It made me smile looking at her, even when she was in pain or couldn't bear to be awake she lit up my heart. The moment I first saw her, first touched her, I wanted her. I still do... I wanted her to be mine. But nobody could know this- no one. I had to keep it to myself, or else it would ruin everything. I sighed as I slowly sat on the end of her bed, watching as her stomach slowly raised and then fell. She was the devil on my shoulder, and she didn't even realize it. She made me want to do unfathomable things for her, just so she could be mine. I met her merely a few days ago, and she's already made me crazy. I smiled back the thought of how she didn't even know, didn't know how riled up she got me. How crazy she made me by doing nothing. It made me angry almost, I just wanted her. I looked at my hand as it twirled around the golden string of her slight curls. I ran my hand down her arm, gently tracing her pale skin. The words she spoke to me kept me awake, it was like I craved to hear more. But to her I was only a background character, someone she never thought of most likely. I pursed my lips, just wanting to hear her speak. Her voice sedated me, making me feel like everything would be okay. Even if her voice was a cry, a shriek, a scream... anything would work. As long as it was her.

The last thing I wanted to do was get caught, but I didn't want to leave her either. I sighed, and pushed myself off of her legs. I watched as she moved a bit, readjusting herself. I half heartedly smiled, heading for the door as I watched her, longingly.

"I love you." I said, hoping she would hear me. I gripped onto the door frame, my heart clenching as I left the room. I shut the door without sound, and locked it. Nobody would know, not now, not ever.

I started down the hall back to my room, avoiding anywhere that may house anybody else.

+++

(Angelina's POV)

I heard the door click shut, and the lock latching. I opened my eyes, and squinted to try to adjust to the darkness.

"Who's there?" I got no reply.

Instinctively, I sat up to check out my body. To make sure all my clothes were still intact. My shirt was still on, my pants, underwear... everything. Nothing had been disturbed, and quite frankly I was surprised. I crossed my legs, and looked out the small window that was high up on the ceiling.

I could see faint morning light erupting from the clouds above, letting me know it was a new day. A say that I still wasn't ready for. I let out a sigh, my voice slightly hoarse as it cracked. I didn't want to think about what we were doing today, or who was in my room. I didn't want Bill to look at me, I felt stupid after trusting Tom.. he switched up on me just as fast. I didn't want to leave this room.

I wanted people to forget I was here, maybe move on. I uncrossed my legs, and slowly slid off of the bed. My back ached as I walked around the dusty room, my knees shaking gently. I stood in the middle of the room, still as I ran my hands over my skin. I feared to face them today, I didn't know what they would be like.

As I fell asleep last night, I recalled hearing the familiar demand of Bills voice.

I remembered hearing him say, "Get the yayo." He laughed, his steps slow and heavy down the hall.

Of course he was a druggy.. he was nothing but a thug who thought fame meant he was above the law. It enraged me that I could think of nothing but him. I wanted to forget him, forget everything he's made me do, he's done himself, and everything he's said to me.

I'd hate to admit it, but the media was right. I was afraid of him, and afraid of what he was capable of. I didn't want to end up dead and forgotten, but I didn't want to stay with him.

I raised my head, and ran my fingers through my knotted hair. I groaned, and squeezed my eyes shut as I fell to the ground. I hated being trapped.

***