Chapter 16. Yellow dog

When they were about to reach the backdoor of the neighbourhood, Lisa was suddenly astounded.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook looked at the direction of her eyes, a dog?

Both of them went closer. The dog was lying on the ground. Rain was falling down on it, and blood spread out to all sides. Its nose was still moving slightly, a sign that it was still alive.

Lisa was about to stretch her hands out when Jungkook stopped her, "I'll go to the vet clinic, don't touch it!"

He then pushed the umbrella into her hand, and he ran off under the rain.

She stared at his back blankly, then she tilted the umbrella slightly to shield the dog in front of her.

The dog opened its eyes a little. Lisa gently caressed the fur on its head as a comforting gesture.

The yellow fur dog let out a groan, moving its head to rub it against her hand.

Lisa put her hand in front of its nose to check its breathing. it licked her gently.

Its breathing was growing weaker. Lisa's eyes grew red. "Hold on! Get better, and i'll bring you home... Back to our home."

"Wuu Wuu..." She didn't know if it understood what she was saying when it let out a small noise, and moved with much difficulty.

Jungkook returned quickly. There were many facilities around the neighborhood, and the vet clinic was also not far away.

He was thoroughly drenched when he brought a small stretcher and put it in front of the yellow dog.

"Doctor said to bring it there!" He didn't let Lisa help as he gently placed the dog on the stretcher.

He took the stretcher up with both hands. Lisa followed close behind him, using her umbrella to shelter the dog.

......

The yellow dog was having surgery inside. The drenched Jungkook and Lisa stood opposite to each other, gawking.

A staff let out a cough,

"Do you want to go back and change your clothes first?"

Lisa shook her head, and asked her, "Can I adopt this dog?"

"This is a native dog, and not one of a good breed." She explained, trying to confirm her thoughts.

Lisa nodded, "I know, but I still want to adopt it!"

Perhaps it started when it licked her that time, or when it caressed her back, Lisa thought she finally had a companion...

The yellow dog needed to stay in the hospital for a few days. Lisa made a few checkups and signed the contract. This dog had officially belonged to her.

This dog was previously a wild dog, so she couldn't take any legal action or to file a complaint to the one who hit it.

She brought the dog who still needed rest back home. She let out a sigh, and wrote on her Poisonous Chicken Soup weibo,

[I brought back a family, I will give it all my love...]

(TN: In the Chinese language, Shu Shu wrote 'a family' in the preposition of an animal. 一只家人)

HaHaHa: A... family?

Wei Du Da I Love you: Ha ha ha, Du Da, is this what your language teacher taught you?!

Old Days Old Times: I think Du Da wrote it deliberately... a family, we know you brought home a pet. But describing your family as an animal, are you sure your family won't hit you once they see it?