Chapter 39. Borrowing money

"Mum, why are you here?"

Du Chenglan felt a little dizzy, this is... my son? He is cooking?

Lisa also felt kind of awkward. Generally no mothers would like to see their sons serving their daughter-in-law...

But... There were still exceptions.

"Then continue with your cooking, I'll talk with Lisa for a while. Make more, I'm staying here to eat this afternoon as well."

As she said that, she pulled Lisa's hand and sat on the sofa.

"Aunty, please drink some wa-water."

Du Chenglan smiled and patted her hand, "Mum isn't thirsty."

Lisa was stunned: Mum?

"His father and I both like you quite a lot. I can also see that Kook loves you too, when do you plan to get married?

Lisa was even more stunned, huh?

"G-get married?"

"Yes, the younger generation won't understand this, so just leave your marriage plans to us, the older generation. I guarantee that you'll be fully satisfied~" Du Chenglan smiled till her eyes narrowed into one line and looked at Lisa delightfully.

Lisa: "......"

Smiling awkwardly but politely, Lisa didn't dare to answer her and only secretly hinted at Jungkook with her eyes. But he pretended not to see it and turned around to continue making sushi. His ears perked up, being alert with everything that happened in the living room.

"Aunty, you came for..."

Lisa continued by gently asking her a question to avert the earlier topic.

"Nothing, nothing, I'm just here to see both of you."

Jungkook: ...... To see your daughter-in-law.

......

"Aiyowei, now that you have a girlfriend, you've become different. In the past, you wouldn't eat even if I served it on the table and asked you to eat. Now, you're even making it yourself. It's still our Lisa who knows how to handle you.

Jungkook scratched his head, "Mum! Don't say anymore, let's eat."

Du Chenglan was a local Northern Chinese woman who was once a female soldier. She had good looks, a loud voice and was slightly thin. She had a slightly teasing tone when she was talking to Jungkook, and even dragged Shu Shu along to make fun of Jungkook, leaving an especially good impression on them.

Du Chenglan left after she ate. Before she left, she held Lisa and said, "Lisa, when you have plans on getting married, you must tell us. We will help you organize it. After you get married and have a child, I can help to take care of him too. For you youngsters, if you like to play, you should play while you can. As for marriage and children, you can leave it all to me..."

After they saw Du Chenglan off, Lisa looked at him, "Why did your mum keep talking about marriage when we just met?"

For a first meeting, this was quite...

Jungkook looked up to the sky, the time reversed back to yesterday night.

"What? Dad said he wants to meet Lisa? No no, his face is quite recognizable, what if Lisa saw him before?"

"Why are you so afraid that she'll know your father? Yu Xiao Yu, don't tell me she hasn't accepted you yet?"

Jungkook's eyes bulged out and his chin raised up slightly, "I already entered her house, how is it possible that I still haven't succeeded?!"