C-32

Author's POV

Like always, you were sitting beside your window. You couldn't sleep. It was almost midnight.

Suddenly, you felt like someone was outside. You looked out from your window and saw Taehyung was on their rooftop. You were shocked.

You - What are you doing there?
Tae - Wait....
You - This is so cold. Are you planning to get sick?
Tae - Wait....
You - Ugh, what's wrong with you? Why should I wait?

He kept looking at his hand watch.

Tae - Happy Birthday, Alizée! Many, many happy returns of this day!
You - Wha....
Tae - I wished you first!
You - You.... are crazy....
Tae - Now go to sleep. This year will bring you a lot of happiness, I promise!
You - Hmm, *smiled* you too.

And you both went to sleep peacefully. You felt like a big stone got off from your chest.

The next day, you normally went to school. All the classes before lunch break were finished. You went to the canteen. You saw Tae, JK, and Eunha standing there with a cake in their hand. Your eyes immediately got filled with tears.

Eunha - You shouldn't cry today!
JK - It's probably tears of joy, isn't?
You - Yeah..... it's just so new to me....
Tae - Get used to it, miss Y....
JK - What are you saying?
Tae - I mean, Alizée!

He didn't understand what happened then. You smiled at them and cut the cake.

Eunha - Sana! Come join us, nah..!

Sana is Eunha's best friend. She is polite and well mannered. Jungkook secretly likes her. But he never had the guts to talk to her.

Sana - Is it.... Alizée's Birthday?
Tae - Yeah....
Sana - Happy Birthday, Alizée. If I'd known I could bring her a gift.....
You - Join us, it will be greater than a gift.
JK - Shall we skip the classes and go to have dinner outside?
Eunha - That'd be awesome! Please, oppa?
Tae - Haha, okay. But only for today.

They all walked out except Tae and Jk.

Tae - When will you tell her?
JK - Uh..... I am a coward, hyung!
Tae - Do you want some help?
JK - She will say we are young. This is just attraction, but how shall I explain to her that she seems like my long lost soul mate?
Tae - Then keep waiting until you think it's the right time.
Jk - yeah.... that's the only option left.

Then you all had fun outside. Not only did you all have dinner together but also you all went to karaoke, too.
Sana was quietly sitting on a couch, and then JK approached her.

Jk - Don't you wanna sing?
Sana - I'm not a good one. Y'all carry on.
JK - I'm not that good, too.
Sana - Oh, then what do you like?
JK - I like to draw....
Sana -  Woah, I've always wanted to learn painting.
JK - Do you wanna see some of my paintings?
Sana - Sure.

Jungkook took out his phone and showed her his paintings. One of the paintings had an old house, and a girl was sitting in front of the house with her cat. She was in korean traditional wear. The house also looked like ancient Korean houses.

Sana - This... is so good.
JK - Uh.... it wasn't drawn by me. It was in my great grandfather's house. I really loved this painting, so I clicked a picture of it.
Sana - Maybe she was your great grand mother?
JK - No.... she isn't. My grandfather told me that my great grandmother hated this picture cause it was some other woman.....
Sana - Ohh.... but still, your great grandpa kept it?
Jk - Maybe she was his first love.....
Sana - it can be!

They were interrupted by Eunha's bad vocal. She was nearly screaming that JK got up and turned off her mic.

Tae - We should go home now.
Eunha - Y'all are so bad!
JK - We know. But let's go.....

You - thanks for today, Tae.
Tae - It was nothing, I am happy that it cheered your mood up.
You - Hmm.... it definitely did.
Tae - You.... umm, never mind.

A few more days passed like this, you and Tae became more good friends. And Renée was very upset about it. JK's grandmother invited all of them at the time of their summer vacation. Renée couldn't go because her performance as a cheerleader was coming soon.

But all of you went there, including Tan and Sana.

JK - Here, the most interesting part is my great-grandfather's room. Come, I'll show you his stuff.
You - Are we allowed there?
JK - Obviously.

You all went there and saw a lot of vintage stuff. And there was a big framed picture of that house and the woman with her cat.

Sana - If we can find a journal or diary, maybe we will know about her a little more!
JK - let's find out!

Just like some curious teenagers, you all started searching for a diary or journal. And lastly, you found one very old diary and half of it was torn.

THANK YOU
I hope you enjoyed this chapter~
I'll update soon!
Love Y'all ❤️