CH.18: One Big Explanation, and the following day

*Flashback to before and later into "Another Round"*

*Nightmare's P.O.V.*

It's been a long day since we had to stop the INNER DEMONS. It's been tiring, but I felt a pain on my side. That's weird, I shouldn't be even feeling pain. I went to the restroom to see, and I lifted up my jacket, and I saw some flesh on me. Wait...flesh!?

That shouldn't be possible, I'm an INNER DEMON after all, so how do I have this? I tried to rationalize this situation, but how can I when I don't even know how this happened. I wanted to tell someone, but I didn't want them to tell the others. I was in quite a pickle at the moment.

While I was panicking, the door opens, and it was Bot that opened it.

Bot: Oh, sorry about that. *Sees flesh on Nightmare* What the hell is that?

Nightmare: It's not what it looks like.

Bot: Really?

Nightmare: Okay fine. I just discovered that I'm forming flesh, or something like that. I don't know how this happened.

Bot: Let me scan you.

Bot started to scan me, and the anticipation of waiting for the results is killing me. After a few minutes, Bot finally told me the results.

Bot: Well, you know how the INNER DEMONS feed off of negativity?

Nightmare: No shit, Sherlock. What does this have to do with me?

Bot: Well, you haven't feed off of any negative emotions, so you're losing all of that INNER DEMON thing. This means that you're slowly becoming human than DEMON.

Nightmare: Wait, that means sooner or later I'll be a human?!?

Bot: Precisely.

Nightmare: *facepalms* FUCK!!!

Bot: But there is a way for you to revert to your normal self.

Nightmare: And that is?

Bot: You...have to....kill people and feed off their negativity.

Nightmare: Wait what?!?

Bot: I know, but that's the only way to restore you back to your DEMON self. That's if you want to, right?

I didn't say anything, as I didn't know if I really did wanted to. My silence shook Bot, as he looks at me with a wary expression. I've been an INNER DEMON for so long that I didn't know that I could be human. Maybe that's why the others kill people, so they could be INNER DEMONS. Maybe, maybe not.

Bot: You alright Nightmare?

Nightmare: Yeah, I am. I just need to be alone for now.

I then teleported through the shadows, and I was now on the roof of the academy. I kept looking at my hands. I don't know if I have been turning into a human without knowing it. I hesitantly took off my "hand", and I saw that it was slipping off.

I saw my hand is slowly forming into a human hand instead of my flaming one. I put my glove back on, and I stood up and went to get the day over.

*3rd P.O.V.*

Throughout the days, Nightmare has been progressively turning more human than before. He for sure knows, as he would be in the restroom checking if he's still turning human. It was still happening, and he kept on patching himself up.

When there were missions that involved the DEMONS. He would stay his distance from them, but he still fought them. After those missions, he would go to the restroom and patch himself up. That's when he came to the restroom once again, and he opened his mouth, and he coughed out blood.