CH.28: A Burning Sensation

*Nightmare's P.O.V.*

It's been a couple of days, and we've been finding ways to get this damn shard out of me. Bot had many ideas to take it out of me, but it all requires to do a surgery on me. I didn't trust it, as I don't know if it'll work, but we have no time. The DEMONS might be looking for it by now.

Anyways, we were in the dorm, as Bot was scanning me for any other options to get the shard. I tried to get it out of me via the hard way. I tried to rip it out of me, but all it does is harm me.

Nightmare: Any idea for how we can get it out of me?

Bot: There is still the surgical idea.

Nightmare: I don't want to be dissected.

Bot: You won't though. I would be careful with it.

Nightmare: Let's find some other options.

We were looking for other ideas for extracting the shard out of me. As we were doing this, KILLER came back to he dorm, and sees us looking for ways to get it out of me. KILLER walks towards us.

KILLER: How's the process going?

Bot: Can't find anything to get this shard out of him.

KILLER: Do you think you can take out your soul, and see if it's attached to your soul?

Nightmare: Haven't done that in a long time. Let's see if it'll work.

I started to take out my soul, and what we saw was shocking. I have two souls? That's not possible as I have only one soul. The second soul was dark purple, and it looks the same as the shards. I checked on the "soul", and I see that a small chunk of my actual soul in it. Bot and KILLER saw this, and Bot started to scan it.

Nightmare: What do you think of this?

Bot: It appears that it is the shard, and small parts of your actual soul is combined with it. It seems that the surgery is more of a reason for us to do.

Nightmare: I don't know.

KILLER: I can help with the surgery.

Bot: KILLER, I can handle this.

KILLER: Look, I can shape-shift my hands to help extract the shard. I can help make this surgery more effective to help Nightmare.

Bot: I don't know.

Nightmare: I trust KILLER to do this.

Bot: You sure, Nightmare?

Nightmare: He's showing his devotion to help me, and I appreciate it. I trust KILLER can help me, and I'm letting him do it.

KILLER: Then it's settled.

Bot: We'll have to tell the others, and prepare for the surgery.

We all agreed to this, and I went to tell this to the others. While finding them, I bump into Cinder. I got up and helped stand back up.

Nightmare: Sorry about that.

Cinder: No, I should apologize, as I wasn't paying attention.

Nightmare: Yeah, but still.

Mercury: What's up with you?

Nightmare: Nothing, just trying to find the rest of my team.

Emerald: For what reason?

Nightmare: Just going to find them, and inform them about something that can help me.

Cinder: What can help you?