chapter 67

@cajahnavi350 thanks a lot for the wonderful words.

She did feel some weight was lifted after she spoke with him. Indeed she knows there is nothing anyone can do about the issues she has when she herself can't.

There Neil had visited Neela to have a chat with her. Looking at him she knew that it's something that's bothering him.

Neela- what's happening?

Neil-(sighs) I am missing the old days. At least she was speaking normally. Although she was this complicated but at least I was not at all observant about it.

Neela-( smiles lightly) it's just some change you will soon find a way out. Why are you so down today?

Neil- it's not that I don't want her to be the carefree girl but when today I sit and look at how she has  been through her life struggling all the way. How can she be able to trust anyone with her heart? Rather how will she come out of her memories and plights?

I might want to be there for her. I can't blame her for her thoughts and what else can I do so that she will be able to trust me?

She has a whole life in front of her but if she is just living like this will that be enough?

After Arjun I too had pushed people around me and not wanting to open up come what may. While mine was just a phase but for her it's her life. She has someone who died in front of her, somewhere getting punished for the same for years.

I can try to be a by her side but for her to take that is a big challenge whether we like or not as she has cultured herself in that way.

Neela could understand what he had to say and at the same time wanted to respect destiny and let nature set the course of action for them.

Soon they left,since Avni did not have the mood to go back home, she stayed back.

Neil too had to stay back as there was some patient who needed him.

She was as usual busy with the patients to keep her mind off wandering.

It was midnight 4 when Neil had completed the treatment for the patient when he saw her dozing in an uncomfortable position.

He could make out that she would strain her neck, so without disrupting her sleep, he softly adjusted her neck and left.

He was in the post op and had to wait till morning. He thought to sit beside her for a while.

He was just looking at the window she was facing. Indeed the night seemed quiet and beautiful unlike the turmoil she would be facing looking at the sky.

He was also tired and hence was leaning against the chair. Unaware that he too slept there.

Soon hours passed by and Avni finally woke up. Avni wanted to get up but could not as Neil was sleeping on her support. She tried to steady him but he was fast asleep.

Not wanting to disturb his slumber she sat there. For a while she was happy that there was someone with her. Not as anything but just a mere thought that someone was accompanying her made her feel good.

There Neil could sense some movement and understood that she had woken up but did not want to make her uncomfortable so pretended to be asleep.

After a while when she stopped moving he looked at her, there was a slight smile on her face.

By just staying for a while how can anyone feel so happy? Wondered he but the fact is right here with the lady's smile.

He then slightly moved and before he could realise it was her who held his head properly. He could see slightly from his eyes. She then adjusted the chair and made him sleep comfortably.