chapter 30

I am late.
Sorry but I have updated.... please do vote and comment

Everyone was in deep sleep .
Although there were only 3 rooms in that house but Avni was left all alone in order to not to disturb her.

And she also needed rest
So others occupied in the other two rooms, whereas Ali had an emergency so he had to go to hospital.

Soon it was midnight and Avni was having flashes of some past incidences.
First she saw a young girl, then came a group of kids somewhere of same age as of girl.she relaxed seeing that but suddenly that scene changed from kids playing to some communal riots, people running to save to themselves. A girl helping the other friends of her age. She got restless seeing that, some people injured, family people shouting at the girl to not help them. She ignored them and blood everywhere. Till now her head was shaking to shake that incident of....then a fresh incident of that goon trying to harass her. She woke up with a jerk . Trying to grab the air, wiping the sweat and tears. She drank water. After a while she was stable physically but not mentally. She knew now she can't sleep , she slowly got up grabbed her diary and went to terrace.

Here Neil woke up due to uncomfortable sleeping posture and hence thought to use washroom . He went to washroom, had some water. While coming back he noticed that Avni had left the door open.

Ab rha to jaayega nhi, agar hua bhi to readers hai na unko nhi chalega

So he went to check upon her. He thought that she's in deep sleep and might have unknowingly covered her face in the duvet. He thought to remove it for better air flow. As he approached......taddaaa.... any guesses!?

Pillows were there.
Neil was confused as where can she go. He thought that she would somewhere nearby. Probably for a walk??... But what happened won't have let her walk that too alone at this hour.

Where can she be? hospital? ....no I had informed not to disturb her....then?....
Do u know???

Well he was thinking....he is not so smart...badaam khillao...he thought to check the terrace.

Just as he reached terrace he saw her sitting on the cold floor with support of pillar resting her head and looking at stars holding the diary close to her heart as if someone will take it from her.

He knew that the dairy which she's holding is used by her daily. She was not even blinking her eyes constantly staring at those stars.

Ab chaala jayega to Maza nhi aayega.

So he went upto her, saw her face.he knew she was thinking about not only that event but many more others.

Avni pov:
I was as usual stairing those stars. People say one who are our near one's are there even after our death. I failed that day, not only them but I lost my family that day. They are not even wanting me. U all are there right ? I everyday gaze u , how would have it been if u all would have been here. I miss u.i know I made mistake but ...... I was so busy that I didn't even felt that someone has came. I felt a hand on my shoulder.....I knew whom it belonged ....now don't ask me how I knew? I just knew . I composed myself and sat aside giving him space to sit.

Neil- what are u doing at this hour?

Avni- neend nhi aa rhi thi, so fresh air!

Neil-at least we know each other that u are not here for that reason.

Avni-I am .... don't u think u are overeacting to it. Keep Ur mind at rest just enjoy this silence, view, cold breeze.

Neil- I would have if u would have told me .....come on we r frenemies...at least we can share things bothering us.

Avni- exactly we can share things, ......( Neil looked at her and she looked at him) so tell me y are u like this?

Neil- like what?

Avni- this strict boy, always ready to yell, burst out, running away from girls ( he looked straight) just now only u said na , we can share then tell me! Will you??

Neil- we are talking about u and here u are questioning me?

Avni-yes because I was thinking about you only , the way we first met, ur arrogance , ur stone heartedness,my faults, my silly mistakes, our fight, Ur caring side,irritation and at last what happened yesterday and when u said u want me to be ur friend!

Neil-and what u observed?

Avni- the real Neil! Without any mask!

Neil- mask?

Avni-yes! Mask I saw ur eyes, they conveyed everything yesterday. I saw an innocent kid behind lots of burden. That sweet, caring, mischievous,full of life Neil. I want that back and for that I have remove that burdens. I m ready for that.

Neil-(sighs heavily looks at his palms) that is long lost. I lost that Neil way back . Now I can't get him back. I m happy with this mask as well.

Avni- aisi khushi jo mu se aankho par na mile? U know right we agreed to share.

Neil- is it that easy?

Avni- it won't be that hard if u trust me.

Neil-I won't be able to tell( sweat forming)

Avni - get hold my hand and for once let out what ever u have stored in Ur deepest corners of heart. Let me tend that. Please! I promise I won't let u bleed.

Neil-me, Arjun were childhood friends. His father being a government officer was most of the times out on duty. He met me once while I was playing on the swing.
He was mischievous (smiles recalling the day) . He wanted to ride on that swing ,he knew I won't stop and so he came in front of swing. I had to stop or else he would have got hurt. I tried but I was small. This led to me getting off balance and lend on him. We both fell . Our clothes became dirty.

I was angry on him so I confronted him
N- r u mad, what if u would have got hurt?

A- I m superman , I won't get hurt that easily.

N- superman are very smart people, u r like stupid nobita.

A- that's really rude but I take that as complement. Now just get aside let me play on swing.

N- don't u have manners? Didn't Ur teacher taught u sorry and thank you.

A- what is that??.... Anyways what is Ur name.....mr.khadus.

N- what did u just told????

A- khadus? U r a khadus!

N- u told me khadus, u....u r .....I won't tell u as mumma says it's bad manners . U spoiled my clothes as well.

A- awwww! That's because I didn't balanced ok? None of my fault in that! See bcuz of u I too got my clothes spoiled. Now be a good boy, didn't Ur mother told to not to talk to strangers! Go Tommy go!

N- I. Am. Not. Tommy. I . Have . Much. Better . Name......u?

Till then both the mothers came
Am- Arjun what's this u started to irritate and trouble that poor boy!

Nm- Neil what happened,I told u na never to shout then? By the way I am Shweta, Neil's mother. Do u belong from here?

Am- yes , now we do. We recently shifted to government quarters . My husband is a police officer.my name is ragini.

Shweta- ohh....so u are our new neighbours.

Neil-mom , it's time for my karate class. Let's go.

A- (mimicking Neil) mom it's time for my karate class. Let's go.

Am-arjun what is this!
Neil is like a tomato full of anger.
While Shweta chuckles and pulls Arjuns cheeks

S-u are so fluffy , I will call u gattu .

A- thanks aunty but I have to tell u that Ur son is just like my dad's boss. Strict.

R- Arjun! Y r u after him? Leave him . Beta I am sorry he's bit naughty.

N- no aunty don't say sorry but he is not bit but full naughty.

And went from there.

.... TBC
All story to convey
I really want the emotions to reach Ur hearts so...pardon me.