chapter 31

Hello!
I am backkkkk!!

Shocked!!!???

Mee too!!!

How come am earlyyyyyyy?😱😱😱😱

But never mind I came here to update!!!!

Actually I went with the flow can't help with this arjun and Neil story.....

They are soo cuteeeee!!!
---+++++++++--------+++++++++

So enjoy Ur reading and do comment

Neil- we never used to get along. My mom and her mom became friends and our family also blended really well but he never left any chance to bully me......and y not we were enemies.
(Avni holds his hands)

I still remember one day when he came to our house with his mother to play with me.

Arjun- hey Mr. Sadu, u have such boring games. No doubt u are actually a thakela insaan.
(Avni giggled slightly)

Neil- thake....what? And these are not boring games. These require mind to play which unfortunately u don't have.( Smirking)
(Avni rolled her eyes
In mind: as usual Mr.khadus! Who can be that serious in bachpan)

Shweta- baccho come let's eat.

Arjun- Aaya aunty, what have you prepared?

Shweta- I have prepared pizza, sandwiches and many more things come.
( Avni's eyes glistening as if she was asked to eat)

Neil- mommmm! Khichdi?

Shweta- haa that too.

Arjun- y khichdi??

Shweta-(giggling) bcuz ur mr.sadu eats that!

Arjun-( rolls his eyes) ewwwww! U r not only mr,. Sadu but entire boredom ki dukan. Who eats such pateint wala khaana? Have some spice. Pav bhaji Khao u will know what heaven is!!( Dreamily)
(Avni-(in mind) exactly! Who eats khichdi.......I mean come on dude ... seriously khichdi??

Neil- no ! Thanks. If u want to eat, eat it or else go to ur home. I will eat what I want.

Shweta- Tillu! Is this how u speak to Ur friends?

Arjun-hawwwww!!!!

Shweta-(shocked) what happened?

Arjun- (cheekily and happily) what a supercool name.....TILLU!! I don't even have some!
Avni (mind)- dude u are really awesome. I mean u will be the first one to irritate this fellow

Neil- ( irritated) if u like this so much then y not take it, my mom will call u tillu!

Shweta- stop it u both , chalo khaana khane!

All went to dinning table. Neil was silently having his food whereas Mr.supercool and mrs.drama ki factory were laughing and enjoying. This obviously annoyed mr. tillu but he can't help it as he had a rule, not to talk while eating.

Maa aur dost be pura fayda utha liya.

Arjun- aunty kya khaana banaya tha.aap na meri maa ko ye sab sikha dena. She just prepares boring hospital food.

Shweta-pakka!

Neil- what pakka !?(shocked) how much u speak?? Don't u get tired? And by the way that's healthy food. U should have that.

Arjun- do I seem unhealthy from anywhere? See I am also having more weight than u. What's the use of having (air quoting) Ur oh-so-healthy-food?
Avni giggled!!!

Awwww! He's so cute Avni thought ( Kahi ladki ko us se pyaar na ho jaaye!)

Ne-having more weight and these unhealthy,junk food will only make u fat. U fatso.......and y am I talking to you? Stay away u fatso!
Avni gave him "That - was - very - rude" look!

Neil laughed recalling the events.....

Neil- I was very stubborn right from start, he was much more stubborn then me!(laughing) I didn't even called him by his name. Neither he! Khanna, sadu, khadus, Dumbo, boredom ki dukkan was my achievements whom he had rewarded. Fatso, chipku, naughty was the one I rewarded him with. This was our start. He was perfect, idle material.

He used to finish his works😊😅 ,do mischief, play around, annoy me, smiling creature I ever met.

We were poles apart but slowly and steadily we at least became frenemies.
No doubt we too are poles apart- Avni thought

See this( a band on her wrists) we both have this( caressing it as if his priced possession).

I still remember the first time he forcefully tied this band on my wrist stating that I was his first friend in Mumbai and rather than a friend I was his frenemy. He had also said that we had a long way to go. Who knew that we indeed had!!.
( Avni caressed the band)

I was always the one to be strict, avoid childrens , hate nuisance and he was the one who used to hate my stubborn nature. He tried and tested many ways to free myself from that robotic life.

He was really pateint with me, I was probably the horrible kid but he being a kid handled me.

Our and his family being neighbours bonded really well. His dad was an officer and wanted to secure Arjuns future. My dad helped him with investment plans. A perfect happy family. I would usually eat at his home and vice-versa.

He was an emotional person and was best at suppressing them. I was used to him being around. He was very active kiddo.
Until one day when that tragedy happened. He lost his parents in terror activities. He was shattered ( tears flowing). Seldom did he laughed,cried ,spoke to , a living dead person.
Avni now felt very emotional and tears pricked her eyes

On my constant insisting and mom's motherhood we legally adopted him. He was Arjun khanna.

That too didn't changed him. Mom lost her friends ( Arjun, his mom). His cheerful nature was the connection for my mom and him. Both were partner in crime. Although Bebe too sometimes joined hands but on an on we lost 3 people that day.

I although was equally close to his parents felt really bad for him. I used to cry seeing him like that. He was as if someone had paused him. I just wanted to shake him up, yell at him , fight with him. I was even ready to do mischiefs with him if he would just come back like the old Arjun.

He had unknowingly created a special place in my heart. I was missing him. Was missing my frenemy. One day I decided that enough of crying, I will get back that Arjun , for us , for him and for uncle and aunty.

I started doing the same things which he did to me but he never responded. Mom and me did planned many things but he wasn't responding.

And one fine day dad came to him and handed him a letter. Probably his parents had written it during their last moments.

He didn't read but I read aloud, I knew he was listening.

Dear Arjun,

I know I promised u that i will get ur mom back as early as possible but at times things aren't as we plan for them.
U know right I always used to ask u to be like Neil but actual reason was I feared that u might have to deal with harsh realities which u would break u and ur dad can't stay even a mere sight of it!
We don't probably have much time in our hands but don't change at all. Ur mom and me always wanted to welcome you in that white coat after operating people.
I know my son is not weak but I am afraid that I won't be able to fulfill my promise. Prakash and Shweta are there for you. Consider Neil as ur brother and for us, we want u smiling, doing mischiefs but don't annoy Neil . We will always be with u.
Take care. Cause not everytime what we desire we get that.

This was it ! He finally responded, cried in mom's lap. I looked at dad with tears which was also welcomed by teary eyes.

That was the day when I didn't felt bad that my mom was attending him than me. I finally made my buddy respond....
Avni too had tears by then

...TBC....!!!