chapter 40

A request to please check out the new book.

Next day as Avni was about to get back to work after her morning breakfast,she received a letter from the management.

It had the details of conference that she had opted to attend. She was glad that all she needed was me time and she would get it. What would be best than this conference which is once a lifetime thing for anyone.

She put it back in her bag and headed towards her ward. She had her duty in the general ward along with other RMO doctors.

She was ready with the pateints files and also with the conditions update.

She had asked the nurse to monitor the sugar count of a pateint who was very critical and had recently recovered from ICU. He was very fragile and needed utmost attention. The nurse took the reading and noted it down in the file of the patient. She then went to the other patient and the file remained there for Avni.

As she was going to see other beds and pateints condition Avni came upto the pateint , greeted with a warm smile which the pateint weakly accepted.

Avni- ab kaise lag rha hai?

Pateint- theek hu. Sab aapki vajah se hua hai. Kehte hai insan ko bachata upar wala hai lekin aksar aap jaise log ko bhul jaate hai. Kaash meri beti hoti, shayad tumhari hi tarah doctor banti. Thank u beta.

Avni was used to getting such wishes and this is her true earning rather than monetary things according to her.

She as usual with utmost respect and sweetly said,

Vo Mera kaam tha , aur kisne kaha aapki koi beti nhi hai? Mein hu na. Ab aap aram kijiye , mein dusre pateint ko dekh kar aati hu.

Pateint- beta , ek baat bolu?

Avni-apni beti se koi puchkar bolega,? Boliye

Pateint- bhagwaan tumhe hamesha khush rakhe aur jaha bhi jao aise hi sabko khush rakhna. Aur Apne is baap ko yaha se jaldi se jaldi nikal do...please. mujhe ek arsa hua hai bahar gye , logo se mile, baatein kiye ..... Yaha ye machine bajti rehti hai , bejaan si hawaaye hai yaha par. Aur ye mask nhi hai ye jakad ta hai mujhe . Meine kabhi bhi nhi socha tha ki mein aise yaha pada milunga. Please.

Avni knew what he was trying to say and exactly knew what has to be done.

Avni- Ghar to mein aapko abhi nhi jaane de sakti..(he got sad)... lekin kisne kaha hum bahar nhi jaa sakte? Mein aapko bahar bhi leker jaaungi aur fresh air bhi khilaungi. But uske liye pehle bohot saara aaram aur phir kahin bahaar jaana.

Patient- sacchi?

Avni-mucchi.

Pateint- thank you beta.

Avni- ab aap rest karo.

Before going Avni had changed certain doses and also added certain more medications under her letterhead.

She had asked the nurse to keep the file with her and she left towards other pateint.

The nurse took the file and kept it at the nurse station.she then was called by the rmo and she left from there.

Now the files were there by ram bharose. She had to climb the three stairs and that took some time.

While Avni was making arrangements for the pateint at the hospital terrace for a walk and also prepared some healthy food that he can have.

There it was the time for medications and all the pateints were treated accordingly. Avni had asked that she would be taking him after the lunch and he was very happy of it.